Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-09-2017, 04:57 PM   #1

Hardly any Jayco's

We went to the RV Show in Pittsburgh, PA this weekend. There was only one dealer who had Jayco's! Another dealer had one or two but a dealer that I know sells them didn't have any!
My husband and I came away with the affirmation that our TT is the best one around and we are very happy with it!
Old 01-09-2017, 05:47 PM   #2

Perhaps it is regional? All of the dealers and lots (and RV parks) have tons of Jayco trailers.
seanperryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 07:07 PM   #3

Last week I attended the Cleveland RV show, advertised as one of the largest in the country. Several area dealers had lots and lots of Jayco travel trailers and fifth-wheels on display. Also a number of Class A and C Jayco motorhomes too. But no Senecas at all, last year they had several floorplans there.

What I found absent were the Jayco corporate people who I have always seen wandering around at the show the past few years. I did not see a single one, and neither had the local dealer personnel I asked. We did go on the first day of the show (Wednesday), arriving just after it opened. Previous years we usually went on weekend days, maybe that was part of the reason. I hope it isn't the Thor acquisition changing things.

I had several questions I wanted to pose to them, but alas, they will have to wait!
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 07:17 PM   #4

Not sure if this is your shows answer, but last fall at ours in Toronto Ontario I was looking for a particular model to view and like yours only one dealer had it on the floor.

I asked my fav. dealer why they didn't have any. They said that the dealers work out who is bringing what brands and models so there is little overlap and lots of every brand and models to see. One dealer will bring the Jayco 5th wheels, another the travel trailers, and another dealer that carries Jayco on lot may bring no Jaycos this show and bring other brands. Next show they will switch up.

But they sent me over to the dealer who had what i was looking for and said to come back and they would have a deal too for me. Didn't buy this round as I'm still in the thinking process of what to upgrade too.
Old 01-09-2017, 08:40 PM   #5

In Colorado for the last few months there were only three Octane 272's in the entire state. Bunch of 222 and a handful of 273. Longmont Camping World dealer said they are selling 60 RV/Camper/Toy-Haulers a month - regardless of weather. I believe him. The day we picked up ours, there were 15 others picking theirs up from the delivery bay - on a Saturday. On the south side of Denver, one cannot find a storage place at all.
johnarose is offline   Reply With Quote