Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-05-2017, 05:12 PM   #41

Has any one bought from them ?

Regarding the statement from the GM about extended warranty being better, he said they could get to work faster and wouldn't need jayco's approval for warranty work, therefore not as much waiting around in the process.
These comments came after I had asked his opinion on people that had told me their jayco rigs were sitting in the shop 7-8 months of the first year. He said that wouldn't happen with the extended warranty. But to me, that's all on jayco-- why should it take so much time for a jayco dealer to get approval from jayco for anything wrong with the unit in the first two years anyways.
Larry Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 07:04 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Mac View Post
Regarding the statement from the GM about extended warranty being better, he said they could get to work faster and wouldn't need jayco's approval for warranty work, therefore not as much waiting around in the process.
These comments came after I had asked his opinion on people that had told me their jayco rigs were sitting in the shop 7-8 months of the first year. He said that wouldn't happen with the extended warranty. But to me, that's all on jayco-- why should it take so much time for a jayco dealer to get approval from jayco for anything wrong with the unit in the first two years anyways.
I don't think it does take Jayco that long to approve stuff. My last unit had a few issues, a mattress that had a coil sticking out, outdoor speaker that didn't work, and a couple other things I don't remember now.

I made an appointment, which was a couple weeks away, I dropped it off, they looked at it, called me the same day, said the new speaker and mattress are ordered. They expected them in a couple weeks. They gave me the choice of leaving the trailer, or taking it home. I went and got it.

They called when the parts came in, I made an appointment, took it in, and waited while the repairs were made.

All went well. Nothing was said about Jayco having to approve anything.

Kenelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 08:14 PM   #43

One of the exclusions in the service contract, and the reason that I decided not to buy it, was that they state they will not pay for anything covered by any other warranty, whether the other warranty paid for repair or not. I interpret that to mean they will not cover anything for the first two years of the Jayco warranty.

After having the finance manager tell me about the extended warranty and then reading the actual contract, I believe he may not have read the contract.
Mark S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 11:09 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by herewego View Post
Hello every one !
Wife and I have a question , Has any one here Bought ( ordered an new Jayco ) from RVONE the deal they made was great, WE ordered Just what we wanted Not what a dealer had on the lot , yes we will need to drive to Iowa To Pick up the unit ( End of March) That's fine Just wondering how your PDI went, They know that we are driving a longggggg way to pick this up, if every thing is not in working order when we arrive for PDI I may have a little Attitude , they have been real nice and have answered all our questions, have talked to the Jayce Rep as well (Gave me his number)
yes it works I tried it !! always answers ..
Herewego,

I'm picking up my TT there in a few weeks so I'm wondering How did your PDI go when you picked up your TT in Des Moines?
gilgrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 11:09 PM   #45

Unhappy with Kent Valley. Sold tt that I'd put deposit down on. Said "well we didn't actually run the card for the deposit". Service work is typically over 30 days out, plus couple weeks on lot.
RusHigley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 05:18 AM   #46
Site Team

I have never seen an extended warranty that takes effect until the mfg warranty is over.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 11:24 AM   #47

I purchased my 5th wheel from Rvone/Des Moines RV. First off their price couldn't be beat or anywhere near matched by any Jayco dealers in Nevada, Utah, California, or Arizona. I contacted them all, and they said no way can we come even close. I got the old "we would lose money" at that price several times.

I grew up in Iowa and my best friend and old roommate lives about 20 minutes from Des Moines RV so the trip would allow me to see my family, pick up the rv, and drink some beers with old friends. So I actually wanted to make the trip there if I had time.

Getting the online quotes, and getting the 5th wheel built exactly the way I wanted was crazy easy. They really excel at this part of the transaction I believe. I didn't need to finance and didn't have a trade either. Took a few days to decide and submitted the order. They needed a deposit that can be made with a credit card. I can't remember exactly how much the deposit was to put in the order, but I want to say it was like 5 percent.

Once you sign the order and they get the deposit they submit the order and then you start to deal directly with Des Moines RV. Kiara was the person at Des Moines Rv that I was assigned to. Once the RV is built and delivered to their location they want their money. So before you can ever see your rig you have to go to the bank and do a wire transfer to them. When it is paid in full they will schedule your demo. That part made me a little nervous but I finally settled on the thought of how many people have purchased from them, and if there were problems that is what lawyers are for.

The demo seems to be luck of the draw on who you get. I got someone that was younger and didn't know much about the rv. For instance he said their is no reason to ever go up on top of the rv. With all the reading I did on this forum I knew better. Their was a bunch of other stuff he got wrong when trying to explain how something worked but I just kinda laughed it off and knew I would have to do some reading and investigating to really know.

I found a few things with the PDI that they fixed quickly. They did try to rush the PDI and it was in the afternoon on a Friday.

The biggest negative I had was when I had a question about the RV while it was on order. Kiara was worthless and she would say contact someone else. She wouldn't forward the email to the person she was saying to contact or nothing. So if she doesn't feel it is her job, she isn't going to do it.

They have two very small locations. One place is the dealership and the other is the service center/pick up location. I had to stop by the dealership to pick up a release form to take to the pick up location. While you are picking up the form they try to sell the extended warranty. I said no I don't want it, she said she was required to give me the pamphlet about it. I said save the paper I don't want it but she insisted I take it. I immediately took the pamphlet and walked across the room and asked someone sitting at a desk to put it in the trash please. I then got my release form to pick up the 5th wheel. It looks like they are currently building a new dealership. It should give a much nicer look. Currently it looks like the small car dealerships you find out front of most military bases.

The service side I will never use them obviously living in Las Vegas. As far as if I will need service from my local dealer, I don't feel will be an issue. Las Vegas has so many people on vacation and so many snowbirds if the dealer didn't service items they didn't sell they wouldn't have any business. I also will do most of the minor repairs/upgrades/mods myself.

I would probably buy from them again but I would want someone other than Kiara to handle my sale. Also I would want someone with more experience doing the PDI, and not on a Friday afternoon.

Bottom line is you get lower quality customer service for a lot lower price.
vegasguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 11:50 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by RusHigley View Post
Unhappy with Kent Valley. Sold tt that I'd put deposit down on. Said "well we didn't actually run the card for the deposit". Service work is typically over 30 days out, plus couple weeks on lot.
Blade RV in Mount Vernon is an excellent dealer and has a superb service department. It might be worth the drive. For sales ask for Brett Beuckman and Carl Copley runs the service department.
Vicr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 06:07 PM   #49

Ordered mine from the Tampa location. Got a good deal and my first service went well. Second time no so. Sat and sat than they hit it. Repair was terrible since they have no paint shop. Had to go else where to get redone using my insurance but they were reimbursed and I got my deductible back. If there New big service center opens it will be nice. They bought land to expand bigger than Lazy dazes. I can say this, stay as far away from CW which is just across the interstate.
2016 Pinnacle FBTS Traded
Rock is offline   Reply With Quote