Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-22-2017, 05:46 AM   #1

Has any one bought from them ?

Hello every one !
Wife and I have a question , Has any one here Bought ( ordered an new Jayco ) from RVONE the deal they made was great, WE ordered Just what we wanted Not what a dealer had on the lot , yes we will need to drive to Iowa To Pick up the unit ( End of March) That's fine Just wondering how your PDI went, They know that we are driving a longggggg way to pick this up, if every thing is not in working order when we arrive for PDI I may have a little Attitude , they have been real nice and have answered all our questions, have talked to the Jayce Rep as well (Gave me his number)
yes it works I tried it !! always answers ..
Jayco 330RSTS Gone
Jayco G2 bunkhouse Gone
herewego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 08:00 AM   #2

We ordered from them and are picking our Precept up in March also. I saw several positive threads on here about them, so I called and they gave us a great price. We plan on staying in Des Moines for at least one night to try everything out so we'll be close if we have any problems.
MikeThompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 08:49 AM   #3

Tours Too?

We will be out there this fall. Do they provide tours of the plant?
Old 02-22-2017, 09:31 AM   #4

I purchased one off the lot, A Precept 35UN, The purchase was executed through Albany RV, that went very well, but I have to say that is where is stopped. The coach was in Buffalo, we flew from NJ to BUF to pick up our coach, they did not make the modification that they had 2 months to complete (in the end that turned out great because Jayco did them at the Factory, and what a great job they did!) The coach was in the back of the lot on an unpaved area, It was filthy, they did not detail it, could barely see through the windshield, the Delivery tech was clueless, in fact they sent us out on the road without securing the heater vent door which my wife saw flopping in the wind out the passenger side mirror, Before we departed, I asked to drive around the lot a couple of times to get the feel for a Motorhome, they insisted it was safer to just get out there, the lot was more dangerous to drive then the road. I guess since our purchase went through Albany and not Buffalo they didn't seem to care about it at all. But I will say this, The price I received on my coach was unreal, it was 20k cheaper then I could have gotten her anywhere else. For the savings, the aggravation was well worth it, Now I have a coach that is exactly the way we wanted her. And dealing with Jayco directly has been a dream.

Good luck with you PDI, Take your time. When we were picking up it was snowing outside, they had plenty of room inside there garage to bring her in and do a proper PDI, they didn't, They delivered a couple of TT inside but did not bring our Precept in.
Attached Thumbnails
36UN at CS.jpg  
nma33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 09:41 AM   #5
Site Team

Several threads here about them, try a search on their previous name ''RVdirect''
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 10:27 AM   #6

Has any one bought from them ?

Myself and my sister in law have each bought campers from them. We both had very positive experiences.
SouthCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 11:26 AM   #7

Think we are doing a over night there when we pick up ..
Jayco 330RSTS Gone
Jayco G2 bunkhouse Gone
Old 02-22-2017, 05:12 PM   #8

I ordered my new Seneca from RVone on February 6. Salesperson was great. I am waiting for my build date and we will see how it goes after that. I will take delivery in Orlando which is only 3-4 hours from me.

My closest price was $17,000 higher. Good luck with your order and please keep us posted on the progress.
Mark S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 07:35 PM   #9

We ordered our White Hawk through Albany RV (that's where their online sales are located) with delivery to Buffalo RV. Couldn't beat the price. Our White Hawk listed for just about $37,000 and we got it for about $25,000 (all fees etc. included). Since Buffalo RV is our local Jayco dealer, it was a no brainer. I found it did help to send the RV One quote to other area Jayco dealers and see if they could beat it. A few actually did beat RV One! I would then send the quotes back to RVOne to beat, and they did! It is extra work going back and forth, but it ended up saving me another $1,500 under the original RV One quote. It was all done by email too, which definitely works in your favor. So far it's been a painless experience....so far.

2001 Ford F-150 4x4 5.4

2012 Prime Time Tracer 2670BHS (sold)
2017 White Hawk 28DSBH (*Special Ordered w/ almost all the options in 10/16. Delivered on 5/19/17)
oldnnew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 08:14 PM   #10

MikeThompson, just curious where will you get it serviced?
Vicr
Snohomish, WA
Vicr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 08:19 PM   #11

Vicr, We'll be traveling quite a bit and will get it serviced wherever we may be. In a past life I was a RV tech so I'll do most, if not all of it.
Old 02-22-2017, 08:24 PM   #12

OK, if your up our way Blade RV in Mt. Vernon is excellent and I've heard Valley RV in Kent is good as well. Our daughter and future son-in-law live 15 minutes from Jantzen Beach.
Vicr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 08:32 PM   #13

Thanks. I'll make a note of both of those. We'll be back out this way next spring. Probably stay at Jantzen Beach. Nice park.
Old 02-22-2017, 09:35 PM   #14

We have bought 2 new units from them. Would buy again without question...
Jrmay25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 04:40 AM   #15

The price we got from our local area was about 15 K higher than ordering what we wanted from RVONE ,so its worth the drive to Iowa to pick it up ..
Jayco 330RSTS Gone
Jayco G2 bunkhouse Gone
Old 02-23-2017, 04:47 AM   #16

You can take your set up to any Jayco Dealer,if they give you grief about service be sure to have your area Jayco rep number handy , should ours need Major service I know where we will take it,most items I can repair my self ,if you would like to do your own work take the RV repair course, and get certified https://rvtechcourse.com/
Jayco 330RSTS Gone
Jayco G2 bunkhouse Gone
Old 02-23-2017, 08:03 AM   #17

Herewego - Thanks for the link. I looked at the RV Maintenance Training Course website and noted they offer home study or hands on option. Any thoughts on the quality of the different training options? Primarily interested in learning how to do my own maintenance vs working as an RV Tech.
DB Family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 07:39 PM   #18

We bought our 2015 Jayco from them. After having bought a dozen or so new cars, trailers and boats, a couple of houses and dealt with another dozen or so contractors working on my property I would say that our RVOne RV dealings was just about the best purchase I ever made, start to finish. Since then our Jayco has been 100% flawless.

OTOH, if I had read the reviews ahead of time (and I'm glad I didn't) I may have gone elsewhere. Nevertheless, if I ever upgrade, RVOne will be the only place I go to.
gypsmjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 08:31 AM   #19

I ordered my 2017 338RETS from Des Moines RV/RVONE and picked it up in August 2016. They will rush you through the PDI unless you take control and slow them down. The gentleman that did the walk-through was awesome. The team at the service location is very friendly and will be able to answer most questions.

I did have trouble with them setting up my WDH, they agreed to reimburse me part of the cost but so far I haven't seen the check. The acting service manager actually told me I didn't need sway control to pull the 39' trailer behind my F250. That certainly caused me concern but I was finally able to get him to sell and install it, albeit incorrectly.

Keep in mind they sell a lot of trailers and the Des Moines location is the preferred delivery location for anyone purchasing west of the Mississippi. When you schedule your walk through, I would ask them to allow the amount of time you think it will take.
bwalton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 07:01 PM   #20

RVOne- Buffalo

Like everyone said, RV One's (Buffalo RV, Albany RV) are the best around. Buffalo RV is about 3 miles from my house.

I ordered a 2014 29QBH from them. Went to look at it and there were about 10 things that needed to be addressed. I let them know days before our scheduled delivery day. They wanted me to pay for the trailer in full, take delivery and then bring it back. They said they wouldn't let me take it off the lot unless I did it that way.

I know why.....if they make the repairs before I took delivery, they didn't get reimbursed from Jayco under a warranty claim. But if they did it after, then they could back charge Jayco.

Anyway....I refused to pay and after a lot of discussion, I delayed taking delivery for 1 week while they worked everything out.

Make sure you check everything under the PDI. I didn't check the furnace and ended up having to bring it back after it wouldn't fire. They ended up replacing the whole unit.

Overall I am pleased, but I don't agree with their business practices. However, you have to weigh the cost savings up front vs. putting up with some of the headaches.