Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-03-2017, 07:03 PM   #1

Has anyone heard of this happening?

Hey All..... I was on the Forest River forum tonight and read an incredible story where someone took their 5er in to the factory to have some work done on it, faded front cap. And the factory lost his camper!!

I copied and pasted the authors' story:

Missing camper

Took my Camper up to Wakarusa Indiana to the Primetime warranty and repair facility for a faded nose cap replacement the Monday before Thanksgiving. I knew taking it there that they would not get to it until January. I received a call from Primetime on Friday and the guy informed me that they have lost my camper. They do not know where it is and are not sure if a transporter took the wrong camper somewhere or not, they contacted the transporter and they have stated they did not do it. HE told me that he hoped it would just show back up over the new year long weekend and if it did not he would be in contact with me to start the setup of a new 2017 to replace mine. I received a call from another person on my fuel reimbursement check this morning and I bent her ear on the status and she said it did not show back up and they would be calling me this afternoon. I have not received the call and inquired with my contact and she tells me the person that will call had an emergency and had to leave early and will be in touch tomorrow. Sounds like unless a miracle happens I will be getting a new camper and the personal items that were left in there replaced, but I will not know for sure until he calls tomorrow. This is a mess and hope that everything turns out smoothly for me. I cannot believe a 38' camper just wonders off. They believe at this point that it has been stolen. I have to give credit to Primetime for calling and letting me know what was going on rather than just sit on it hoping it would resolve itself.
And a link if want to read:
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...er-124560.html
Talk about bizarre!
Gerard
glsimms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 07:10 PM   #2

Sounds like it was stolen off the lot, probably stashed in the woods somewhere as a deer camp.
Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 07:39 PM   #3

I've seen it happen with car dealers before. New cars are stolen from dealer lots more frequently then most would imagine. Often times the theft is not discovered for some time due to the large number of cars on the lot. giving the thief time to strip the car or ship it out of the country...

2022 33RBTS
Progressive Industries EMS - Hardwired
Equalizer 4 Point WDH
2021 Ford F350 7.3
Air Lift Rear Bags w/ On Board Compressor (Pending)
2016 28BHBE - (Traded and Missed already)
Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 07:40 PM   #4
Site Team

I will be amazed and impressed if they got a new camper and reimbursed for their belongings as stated.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 08:32 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabman View Post
I will be amazed and impressed if they got a new camper and reimbursed for their belongings as stated.
X2
2018 Jayco Jayfeather 27 RL, 2002 Ford excursion, v-10, 3:73 gears 4x4 mine. 2020 Buick Encore Hers, Retired Air Force, now Retired.
Parcany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 08:55 PM   #6

I wonder if i need some Jayco factory warranty work...?

Murff

2015 White Hawk 20MRB (It's last year)
2017 F150 2.7 Eco Boost 3.73 Gears

Murff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 09:54 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murff View Post
I wonder if i need some Jayco factory warranty work...?

Murff
Lol