Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-25-2012, 10:01 AM   #21

Mind of I copy?

I had a company called Hatchlift.com recommended for gas lifts for my 264BH that also did not come with bed lifts and after adding 4 inch memory foam the wife and I both have health problems and lifting was almost impossible. I would NOT recommend using Hatchlift.com unless you are replacing a gas cylinder that he can match, he does not know anything about the new lighter weight TT's, his instructions are written up for a 3/4 inch particle board frame and 3/4 particle board under the mattress. I could not even him to respond to me and give me the closed length of the gas cylinders he sent me. Total aggravation. I did finally build out wood supports on the box frame and under the 1/2 inch plywood till I could get the cylinders to close in a horizontal position - this is the most important thing is that your cylinders are horizontal when closed!

The ones he did send me were over strength and I too was scared of the Murphy bed situation. I picked up 2 screen door hooks with safeties to put on each front corner, easy to unhook or hook and will prevent any Murpy bed action even when traveling. I also feel these give some added security if someone left a front storage compartment door unlocked and a skinny dishonest person wanted to try to crawl in and push up the bed to get into camper.

I do love the handle idea - this I do want to steal from you!! I'll trade you the screen door hook safety idea!!

Wilford
Charolaisbreeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 06:41 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladywendolyn View Post
I think I need extra help... I decided to order these.. My husband is teasing me that they are going to turn out bed into a "Murphy Bed" and fold us against the wall... We shall see.

http://www.amazon.com/SUSPAŽ-Spring-...9390204&sr=8-1
FYI... The link is for 100lbs rated gas shocks which is what comes stock on the 29BHS. I ordered a set without knowing they were already mounted. I think what I am going to do is mount one of the old ones as extra help.
Topher24 is offline   Reply With Quote