Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-23-2015, 07:10 PM   #11
How U guys doing? ?? N Tx has had lots of rain 5" n counting. Stay dry n enjoy the rain.

Touch N Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 08:25 AM   #12
Originally Posted by Touch N Go View Post
How U guys doing? ?? N Tx has had lots of rain 5" n counting. Stay dry n enjoy the rain.
I have an aunt-in-law who lives in DFW area; her recorded rainfall amount over the weekend was 10".

We fared much better here in S. Central TX. It could have been A LOT worse. We got plenty of rain, but we desperately needed it. Glad we didn't get it as fast as they said we would.

2014 Jay Flight 28 BHBE
2015 RAM 2500 6.4L HEMI, Tradesman 4x4, 3.73
Blue Ox SwayPro (BXW 1503)

Upgraded from an REI internal frame backpack and a Eureka 1/2 dome tent!
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 12:19 PM   #13
Well, we survived everything just fine. The rain wasn't as bad as forecasted, at least it wasn't thunderstorms, I should say. We were able to get setup Friday before dark and during a long break in the rain, so that was nice. It rained most of the night through Sunday morning but it wasn't terrible, just a steady rain. Luckily, the wind wasn't bad so we were able to keep the awning out and have an area to grill and hang out.

The park did most of the activities inside. But the big pool park, bouncing pillow and a few things like that were closed. The kids still had a blast with the other activities and Halloween related events. My daughter won 3rd place in her age group for her costume, so she was elated. My son got to play video games, so he was happy. Got the mandatory pictures with the bears as well.

The sites are definitely close together. I picked an end unit just for that reason so it felt like we were alone. Plus, very few people were outside and it looked like half the reservations didn't show up. We'll probably go back once a year, but it isn't a place for parents to relax. It also costs more than a normal camp ground. I felt like we are at an amusement park, keeping the kids entertained.

The best thing is that I didn't find any leaks, which the front window of the 184bh is known for. That was my number one concern with so much rain. I did find a problem with my pilot light going out. So, thanks to the forum, I started off small with just cleaning off the sensor. I also discovered the door was not sealing properly which is now fixed. I think the main flame is blowing out the pilot, but we'll see if these fixes work. If not, I'll make an adjustment to the flame or just get a new pilot assembly. It's only a few screws to replace.

rangerdoc is offline   Reply With Quote