Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-18-2014, 08:50 AM   #1

Help...Water Dry Camping

I think its time to call the dealer. Unless, I figure something out when I get home.

I was able to fill the water tanks, and the indicator light says I'm 1/2 full. The water is switched on, the cold faucet is open, but no water for 2 hours, yes the pump has been running for 2 hours with no water through the faucet.

If I turn off the faucet for a couple of minutes, and then open it again, I get spitting of water with release of air. Leave it on for a while and then nothing.

For the last 1/2 hour I was switched to by pass the hot water heater, and still nothing.

Oh, well...this trip is almost over. I'll figure it out when I get home I guess.

I really wasn't planning on using the water during this trip since the club house is close, and I will be outside most of the time. Was using the trailer for the bed, and a changing room.

But when the wife, and kid are finally coming with me...things better be working.

My 30DSQB is brand new, and this is the first attempting to run water by using the pump. I didn't prepare since, I really wasn't going to use it. But I was a little bored so I started messing with it.
killerdoberman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 09:02 AM   #2

Do you have a antifreeze port/ hose next to your water pump? Sometimes the valve is left open and the pump will suck air. In this pic you can see the two valves in normal position

Line to tank open
Line to antifreeze hose closed
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  

2014 Eagle 30.5 RLS
2015 Dodge 3500HD SRW 6.7L
Click on my profile for Mods and notes
Jmooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 10:14 AM   #3

x2 Jmooney. If this is the first time using your onboard water system since it was winterized in the fall, most likely either the valve to the antifreeze tube is open or the valve to the fresh water tank is closed. First spring I had our camper, ran into the same issue and this was my problem.

2003 Coleman Bayside / 2011 Jayco Jayfeather X20E -- RIP
2012 Tacoma Sport DCSB / 2013 Tundra SR5 - RIP
Heady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 12:02 PM   #4

Thanks for the first of what I'm sure will be many times. I was having the same issue today with my new TT. I didn't see the second valve at first.
Northwoods Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 12:58 PM   #5

I hear my pump under the sink, behind the walls. There's no access to it, without using tools and taking some of the trailer apart.
killerdoberman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 03:17 PM   #6

My money is on a closed bypass valve, but also check the low point drains to ensure they are not open.
jenoble99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 07:10 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenoble99 View Post
My money is on a closed bypass valve, but also check the low point drains to ensure they are not open.
x2, you should have an access panel. Mine is under my sink, 4 screws on a panel and it's right behind the panel. I have chosen to remove the panel all together so when I open the cabinet under my sink I have direct access to my pump.

2013 White Hawk 28 DSBH
2011 Jay Feather X23J (traded-in)
2011 Ford F-150 XLT w/towing package
RoadMaster Active Suspension
Reese Trunnion Bar WDH w/Dual Cam sway control
jdorant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 08:50 AM   #8

I ran into the same thing while trying to de-winterize/sanitize mine. Jmoomey's advise is spot-on! I turned my antifreeze intake valves and everything worked fine. My pump ended up being inside one of the dinette seats, behind a screw-off panel. Took me about 15 minutes to track down the sound and find it. If you leave the panel off, it will be easier to get to the pump, but you will hear it more. I'm thinking of surrounding it with Styrofoam to cut down on the noise.
Old 05-19-2014, 10:45 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brownie View Post
I ran into the same thing while trying to de-winterize/sanitize mine. Jmoomey's advise is spot-on! I turned my antifreeze intake valves and everything worked fine. My pump ended up being inside one of the dinette seats, behind a screw-off panel. Took me about 15 minutes to track down the sound and find it. If you leave the panel off, it will be easier to get to the pump, but you will hear it more. I'm thinking of surrounding it with Styrofoam to cut down on the noise.
Most of the noise usually comes from the hose/tubing/piping connected to the pump itself. if it's stiff, it acts as a great vibration transmitter that then, once it touches a panel or the floor, gets amplified and made, in some cases, very loud.

Pump manufactures make special longish and softer inlet and out lines for just this purpose. Combined with careful routing and no tiewrapping to other hoses ot structural members to make the installiation "neater" will quiet the pump down a lot.

Check also to see how the mounting feet of the pump are screwed down. a fair amount of vibration can get into the structure that way too. The little booklet on the pump or the manufacturer's website will have more information.

Good luck!
2005 Cedar Creek 31LBHS
2001 Sprinter 303BHS
1997 Mallard 33Z
1990 Starcraft Starmaster[/I]
Bluestreak is offline   Reply With Quote