Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-15-2016, 11:49 AM   #1

Help window leaked in new camper

We took our brand new Eagle HT 27.5 out for the 1st time last weekend and there was a bad leak in the rain. Water streamed in under a window. Now I am worried there was damage to the wall, floor and sofa which all got very wet. Jayco seems unworried but I would like to know how they handle long term moisture damage. I know they will fix the window and check things at the dealer but any suggestions to protect ourselves from long term damage to the unit?
Thanks
IAHersh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 12:12 PM   #2

Get some body wrap (clear plastic sticky film..usually found at body shops). We have rolls of it we use for vehicles that have broken windows from accidents. Works great. Go on Amazon and search 'collision wrap'. You should be able to get a roll at your local auto parts store.

note: just a temporary fix until the dealer fixes it.
W/Air Lift air bags (front & rear)
Equal-I-Zer™ WDH & B&W Companion
TWP723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 06:53 PM   #3

We've had a pesky leak too. I seem to have gotten it stopped. On the back wall (entertainment center) we had water dribbling through the elec outlet and around the window.
I suspected the window but now think it was through the edge trim along the roof or wall joints.
From the volume of water I was looking for a huge gash maybe with a funnel involved. The dealer did some work but did not get the leak stopped, only reduced. I've attacked it by eternabond bonding the roof perimeter and caulking all other trim areas. Haven't had a HARD rain since but during the rains we have had its remained dry.
We will visit the dealer in Sept to have the ent center counter tops replaced. The press-board cabinetry is like a sponge/popcorn. It absorbs any water it can and explodes.
The bad/good news is the dealer couldn't get it done but I seem to have it under control. The damaged counter tops are covered under warranty.
Not impressed with the dealer but it is what it is and we cope. The flip side, I feel Jayco has stepped up and am pleased.
If you find a dealer that, after the sale, has "the 2 C's" (capability and cares), latch onto them!
So, back to your story, keep an eye on the woodwork to catch swelling. Outside of that I doubt that you will have any lasting problems.
Good luck! And post how this spins out.

2013 F-350 CC SB 2WD 6.7PS
2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS
-SOLD- 2012 X23B
-SOLD- 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4, Bilstein shocks
RedHorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
damage, leaks, service, warranty