Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-27-2016, 12:39 PM   #21

Wow. I agree with borninblue. That stinks. So sorry you're not being taken care of better.
Campin'_Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 01:56 PM   #22
Site Team

That looks like a very uncomfortable setup. Are they all that way now or is that one just defective? I was thinking our next trailer would not have bunks to have more living space but use a hideabed instead but now not so sure.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 09:15 AM   #23

Boy, I would hope that they all aren't like mine. I have to take one more photo this weekend and send that in to my POC at Jayco. He'll forward that to the Mfg of the couch/bed. I wouldn't think that they would need to see any more than what I sent already because it's just wrong.

2000 10' popup
2000 30' with triple bunks.
2011 25BHS
2016 34RSBS
Type-A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 01:08 PM   #24

UPDATE -
This morning I called my POC at Jayco after he sent me an email that I didn't like. I told him how unhappy that I was that it has taken 2 months to get to where we are now - which is nowhere. I reminded him that this is my 4th Jayco and I'm about ready to tell you to come get it and shove it. (I have been a plant manager for the past 19 years, so I know first hand that you take care of your customers). He goes "what do you want me to do?" and I told him to call the sofa mfg and ask them if that 4" drop is normal. He said he would and would call me back later today. I also said that with camping season being roughly 6 months, we have wasted 2 of those months on this problem. And that at the end of the month we will be using the camper for 9 days straight on vacation.

In the meantime, I emailed my dealer to see if he had one in stock with this sofa/bed in it but he told me that he orders all of his with the J-Steel couch. I was hoping to see if the 4+ inch drop was normal. I figured that would be an easy way to know while waiting to hear back from Jayco.

I am happy to report that this afternoon the POC at Jayco called me back. He said that the mfg said that they would replace the back and middle section and felt that this would fix it. The POC said that he wasn't confident that this would be a 100% sure fire fix so his supervisor authorized that Jayco replace the whole sofa/couch! Tomorrow I will talk to my dealer and give him the info so we can start the process.

2000 10' popup
2011 25BHS
2016 34RSBS
Old 07-05-2016, 01:47 PM   #25

That's great news. Something else should be done for the inconvenience andbrun around as well.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
borninblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 01:52 PM   #26

Great news!
Old 08-10-2016, 11:29 AM   #27

UPDATE -
Monday I dropped off the camper at the dealership. We (myself and the Service Mgr) went over what's wrong with the couch that came with the camper. When I opened it up, he was shocked that you could SEE the difference...no need to put a level on it. LOL

Then we inspected the new one. There is a U-shaped bracket that supports the 1/3 of the "bed" that is closest to the wall (which is the backrest when in the couch position) and on the new one, it is positioned higher (think, more level but still not 100% level). This change at the Mfg makes the bed lay flatter, still has a drop to it but at least it's not over 4" like it was originally.

The service mgr at the dealership called me back yesterday and they made the swap. He said that with the re-positioned U-shaped bracket that just like we suspected, it makes you sit more upright when the couch is being used as a couch but in turn it is flatter when used as a bed.

The dealership still has a few more "little" things to take care of so I won't be picking up the camper quite yet.

So it seems like the couch mfg knows there is a problem, because it got fixed but didn't make it a "recall item"...unless with my dumb luck, I just got the one that was made wrong.

Either way, it looks like we got things fixed. Once the dealership tells me that all the work is done. I'll check it out for myself before bringing it home.

2000 10' popup
2011 25BHS
2016 34RSBS
Old 08-12-2016, 04:49 AM   #28

I'm glad you finally got it fixed!
Old 08-23-2016, 12:17 PM   #29

Picked up the camper last night. We checked out the new couch that they replaced and it's MUCH better. It's sad that I had to complain so much (and wait so long) to get it done. Looking forward to hauling the camper back up north this weekend and having my son give me his seal of approval of the new couch/bed.

I already emailed the dealership and thanked them for their help.

Now to enjoy the rest of the camping season!

2000 10' popup
2011 25BHS
2016 34RSBS
Old 09-20-2016, 01:40 PM   #30

UPDATE-
My son is very happy now. I've even laid on it while watching TV and it's much more comfortable than before. It's still not a "hide a bed" like I had thought and wanted but this will definitely work.

Thanks for the positive vibes!

2000 10' popup
2011 25BHS
2016 34RSBS