Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-06-2016, 12:53 PM   #41

Our 195RB does not have I section for frame it has hollow rectangular tubes. I notched a v into the top of the 2x4 so that it fits against the bottom and side of the tube. Will try it when we go to Acadia in a couple of weeks.

Bridgeengrjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 01:46 PM   #42

I seen this on Pinterest. Looks like they use your jack to hold the top in place? Great idea I'm going to do when I get a chance.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20160906_144140.jpg  

Signmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 03:57 PM   #43

See attached for notch around tube
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Stabilizer strut.pdf (14.6 KB, 112 views)
Bridgeengrjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 10:32 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbellizer View Post
Anybody else made and used these? I'm a very light sleeper and all of the trailer bounce during the night kept waking me up.

I use three sets of these. One set on each end of the trailer and one set beneath the steps. Trailer is rock solid now and I don't wake up every time somebody flips over in the bed or gets up in the middle of the night.

I know you can buy something similar but what fun is that?
Great idea I was just ready to spend over $200 for the arms you can buy off Amazon. On my way to Lowes right now. I have a similar trailer that I just bought. What is roughly the length on your 2x4's?

Thanks!

2016 25BHS White Hawk 2016 F-150 Lariat V-6 ECO-BEAST (Ruby Red) Max tow package, RAS Suspension kit, & Recurve R-3 WD hitch. Can't forget the dog "Olive" all black lab :)
Dropnaduece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 07:20 PM   #45

I think mine were 32" long, but I measured from under the camper to the ground with about a 40 degree angle. You don't want them sticking out too far. Very easy and I promise they work great!
tee-bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 07:23 PM   #46

I used the frame .....I would not use the jacks or the area where Jack is mounted.
tee-bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 10:37 PM   #47

and the reason for our homemade ones are because there is nothing except the hitch support in front. Needed two more points of stability.

Three points may be fine for a milking stool but for a long object is insufficient. There were OEM stabilizers only in the back.
Kim Gass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 10:38 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by tee-bone View Post
I think mine were 32" long, but I measured from under the camper to the ground with about a 40 degree angle. You don't want them sticking out too far. Very easy and I promise they work great!
Well about an 1hr or so of work and $25 later TT is sitting like it was built on a rock! This idea should bring down the price of the JT Strong Arms. There $258 on Amazon.

I still need to finish sanding them and then I'm going to stain them with end cut solution so they will out live the trailer .

Great idea guys - I measured mine out to 32" too so they sit just about flush with the trailer. I have them going both directions and it even lifted the trailer up about a 1/8 - 1/4" off the blocks I had the stabilizing jacks sitting on lol.
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpeg  

2016 25BHS White Hawk 2016 F-150 Lariat V-6 ECO-BEAST (Ruby Red) Max tow package, RAS Suspension kit, & Recurve R-3 WD hitch. Can't forget the dog "Olive" all black lab :)
Old 09-11-2016, 10:46 PM   #49

Was thinking of putting 1" or so size holes through about every 6" to reduce the weight of six 2x4's. I know it's not a lot if weight but we pack pretty big for long trips and every pound counts.

If the holes are not to big and being an engineer it shouldn't weaken the strength of the board.

Anyone try this? It's what they do on planes for a lot of the rib parts in the walls of the plane. Every ounce counts when it comes to weight reduction on a plane to save on fuel costs.

Old 09-12-2016, 05:16 AM   #50

What do you do if the entire bottom of your camper is covered with plastic? I can't see any frame once the hitch gos under the camper.

Signmoney is offline   Reply With Quote