Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-10-2012, 08:35 AM   #11
Originally Posted by RedHorse1 View Post
1x on what Sean says. Make sure the heater is not set to bypass or "partial bypass". Search for heater bypass to see some examples. We get enough hot water for a couple of showers back-to-back with no probs. The bypass is normally right next to the heater. 3 valves are involved, one on the heater inlet and one on the outlet and the 3rd on the bypass which connects the inlet and outlet lines. Make sure the inlet & outlet valves are OPEN and the bypass valve is CLOSED. Lots of folks have found the bypass valve partially open allowing cold water to be mixed with the hot as it exits the heater. Symptoms are what you are reporting.
Is your TT new or used?
Keep in touch!
I too forget about this one bypass valve. I got down here to Yuma, set up my unit and de-winterized, set up my water heater on electric and in the morning had my first shower and found the water only warm and forgot about the by-pass valve. A couple of days later I remembered this valve and now I also could boil eggs from how hot the water is. I have done this several times since I bought this unit and I guess my excuse is ........... well......... I forgot what I was going to say.Mr.T

2007 Jayco Eagle 325BHS
2010 Dodge 3500 Laramie
Kipor 2000 Generator
Albertaguy is offline   Reply With Quote