Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-22-2014, 08:12 PM   #31
We are in are mid 30s with 6 and 3year old. Just got into camping last year as a family went twice with the new to me x23b. I had made all my camping reservation in the winter for the months of june July and August figured I would wing may and September. I should have made all the trips 3 nights instead of 2. After going in june we liked it so much that we added on another night to our other weekends. However had to move campsites for one of them and the other one I tired to do a first come one which they were full so we stayed 3 miles away at a state forest. Which meet moving campgrounds but well worth it. Here is my thoughts father's day weekend is my choice being I am a father. So last year started the annual father's day weekend camping trip tradition hopefully having it last for generations to come. it seems to me the only real family time I get is one we are camping because iam not able to work on the construction project at home, yard work, or whatever else that districts me from being 100% involved with the family. I think for next year I will have to plan more trips in advance because all my other weekends have filled up.

2014 6.6L Duramax 2500hd CrewCab
2011 x23b
05 f150 5.4 v8 (sold)
nwminnesota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 09:00 AM   #32
I couldn't agree more Plowtoy. We are in the same rat race too. We have recently made some big decisions for us . Putting the house up for sale and going fulltime in the Jayco early. Still have a couple years before retirement but no more big house to clean and maintain sounds pretty good today. Northwest winters are going to suck but somthings gotta give. Can't wait to downsize our life!

2011 351SKTS Eagle 5ver
2013 Dodge Ram 250 TD Lariate
Chris&Sherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 10:26 AM   #33
After just returning from hauling my new trailer back from Indiana, I ran up nearly $800 in gas expense. I enjoyed the trip, traveled through four states, spent 4 nights in the new camper and had so much fun. I even got to spill my wife out of canoe on a river float trip in Missouri. Now Im wondering where I can afford to go next. Unfortunately, the traveling is too expensive for a full time worker, and I lack 6 to 10 years to even consider retirement. I suppose I will be limited to weekend trips nearby parks, but I am curious how many Rv'ers travel more than 500 miles with their trailers, especially those who are not yet retired.

2015 Jayflight 23MB, 2007 Ford F150
ruswms is offline   Reply With Quote