Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-23-2012, 01:02 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiscampsin View Post
People say there are only two seasons in Wisconsin, winter and road construction:hihi:.
I think your talking about Ohio
jim44646 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 09:33 PM   #42

Saturday night low of 24F, warm and snug in my 330. With warm bare feet, got to love a heated underbelly. It's never too cold to camp!
Used every weekend
CityFarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 09:55 PM   #43

It was seeming like spring here and then we got a foot of snow and -20 windchills. That is cold on the west coast. Back to waiting to go camping, first trip is planned for 3rdd weekend in april. Hopefully we can go after we get back from Arizona in march.

66 nights in 2016
61 nights in 2015
Derek700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 05:19 PM   #44
Site Team

64* here today and Sunny. Not bad for late January.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 07:15 PM   #45

Got room for a couple of extra TT's ?
SecretCoveDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 12:41 PM   #46

Just dry camped last weekend with another Jayco family member. The kids played in a river all weekend even though it was COLD! High in the 60s and lows in the 40s. RAN out of battery on Saturday night so no heat and it was SO COLD even with a 5lb bag and a down comforter over us. We have the 18D hybrid with the tent sides so it was hard to be without propane. However, we wouldn't trade it for all the WORLD. It was glorious to be out camping in January. Almost makes May-Oct worth it here in the deserts of Phoenix. Looking now to put in solar power because we almost always boondock. We love for our boys to shoot their bb guns and run amok.

Hold on, spring will be here soon!!

Kim in Phoenix

2008 CHEV SILVERADO Crew Cab LT
2012 Jayco X18D
PhxKim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 01:21 PM   #47

Kim,

Have you done the Reflectix mod to your hybrid? When we had our hybrid we found it really helped keep the heat/cool in. Space blankets on the top of the bed ends helps too.
wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 01:32 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiscampsin View Post
Kim,

Have you done the Reflectix mod to your hybrid? When we had our hybrid we found it really helped keep the heat/cool in. Space blankets on the top of the bed ends helps too.
I'm afraid I don't even know what the Reflectix mod is although now I will look it up. We put blankets on our bed ends on new year's eve when we spent the night outside in our trailer but the smallest wind blew them off. We didn't attach them in any way, however.

Thanks for the tip. I'll be checking that out right away.

Kim

2012 Jayco X18D
Old 01-25-2012, 03:45 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhxKim View Post
I'm afraid I don't even know what the Reflectix mod is although now I will look it up. We put blankets on our bed ends on new year's eve when we spent the night outside in our trailer but the smallest wind blew them off. We didn't attach them in any way, however.

Thanks for the tip. I'll be checking that out right away.

Kim
Reflectix is an insulation that can be bought at Home Depot or Lowe's. It is like a mylar blanket material with a quilted insulation in between. I also had a hybrid before we got out TT and I cut it to size and put it between the screen and the canvas. We also used a mylar emergency blanket inside the bunk out held up by the cross bar and clipped to the sides. You might also consider using fleece sheets. Not flannel. They are so comfortable and feel warm as soon as you get between them. We also used a sleeping bag over us and some Reflectix under the mattress to insulate from cold coming from the bottom of the bunk out. Hope that helps. http://www.reflectixinc.com/

Curt
Old 01-25-2012, 08:18 PM   #50

Kim,

Here's a link to a pic of our old HTT with the space blankets on top and the reflectix in the window areas (hard to notice though). The reflectix mod is soooo easy to do and will really increase the comfort level in cold and hot weather. The space blankets are used shiney side up in the summer to reflect the sun, shiney side down in the cold to keep the heat in. Added benefit to the space blankets is they keep the sap off the bedends and help keep them clean. I bought the yellow clips from Home Depot cheap.

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo...01502272mLRAMR

Here's a link to a guy named OZ. If you scroll down you'll see how he cut the reflectix to fit the window openings. I followed his example and it worked great.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1149655...dSantaFePopup#

+1 on the fleece sheets IL Camper mentioned, they're great.
wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 06:38 PM   #51

Thanks so much for the pics and advice. I'm going to get the Reflectix for next month's camp. If we can make those tent ends actually comfortable to sleep in, we'll be perfectly happy.

THANK YOU!

Kim

PS - I couldn't figure out how to add pics last time but just looked it up. These are photos from our last camp at Horseshoe Lk AZ. We dry camped at the Mesquite Campground at Horseshoe. Cold but absolutely fabulous in every way. I'm salivating for next month's camp.

Horseshoe Lk was drained almost a decade ago to rid it of non-native fish. That is the Verde River that you see flowing through it. No plans yet to fill it so that the non-native fish can be added within a few years of the native fish. : /
Attached Thumbnails
Horseshoe Lake 3.jpg   Horseshoe Lake 4.jpg   Horseshoe Lake 12112.jpg   Horseshoe Lake B&J.jpg  

2012 Jayco X18D
Old 02-03-2012, 10:22 PM   #52

Phil saw his shadow. 6 more weeks of winter. RATS!
rvrev2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 05:34 PM   #53

Most camping around here (Ontario & Quebec) open in mid may.

Got to wait a little more and 6 weeks. Darn
iLLBRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 06:17 AM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by familybonding View Post
Well, it is 2 days after Christmas, and now we just have to get through the new year. After that, we start looking towards spring. I had off work yesterday, and the DW and I both said, "we can't wait to go camping again." We keep looking at our TT just sitting in its spot next to the house all winterized, and lonely. I can't wait to get back in there and put life in her. So many Christmas presents the DW said this will be great for camping. Last year was our rookie year of camping, and we LOVE IT!!! So in conclusion, Christmas, and New Years are fun, but hurry spring! Hurry fast! I just can't wait much longer!
Funny, my other half and I are in the same boat with you!! Christmas presents = camping stuff for the RV. :hihi:
Come on March!!!

2011 Jayco Flight G2 23FB
2008 Dodge Ram 2500 HD
1500Weight Distribution System, Accupower Pilot Brake Control, Sway Control, Husky Elec Jack
Moving Target is offline   Reply With Quote