Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-11-2014, 08:03 PM   #11
Seann is correct. We bought our Jayco in Quartzsite and signed the papers in Blythe California. We called the license office in Idaho and sent the information they needed. Idaho sent us a registration and we had to pay the sales tax when we got home. Idaho tax is a lot less than Arizona's tax.

2011 Eagle 330RLTS with just about every option.
Dodge SRW 1 ton Cummins powered.

I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 02:14 PM   #12
Glad I am not the only one that thinks/knows AZ trailer prices are out of control. I just purchased in CA and towed back to AZ. I had to pay slightly higher (8.2% - total) taxes in CA than in AZ (8.0%), but still saved that much by a long shot. I payed literally (yes, I know what that word means), over $7000 less in CA than I would have in AZ. They offered to take it to the AZ boarder for me (for a cost), but it would have only saved me $50 (vs paying the CA extra 0.2% tax). I was already there, so the $50 didn't make a lot of sense.

The term for the taxes being paid to the other state is reciprocating - while I was at the dealer and the AZ DMV, they used that term. It makes me think that not all states are reciprocating to each other on the taxes. Would be worth finding out before you buy out of state.

2014 Jayco Jay Flight 32 BHDS
2015 Ford F-250 Lariat 6.7L Powerstroke 4x4
nunyadamn is offline   Reply With Quote