Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-06-2014, 08:13 AM   #21

I did mine a few weeks back with Meguires Ultimate full synthetic polymer and it went on and off very easy, sun or not. My unit is as slick as ice right now and I can wipe off the small black streaks with my finger.

I had been using Nufinish paste with great results, but decided to try this more expensive, more solid paste. Time will tell, but I am happy right now. Yes it stinks doing it, but I know my last unit you can still see your face in the side having done it when I owned it.

I break it up over a few days so you don't burn out. Front and back one then sides on two others and before you know it your done. Clean the roof first through as that makes a mess.

2014 375 BHFS Eagle Premier
2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW CC
6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
3'senough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 10:25 PM   #22

I use a Meguires polymer liquid wax, I apply it with a orbital buffer with a wax pad, wait til it dries and them buff it off with he buffing pad. I then chase it with a polishing bonnet. I do this on my 2 cars and truck....it looks like it's wet when I am done....my truck is 10 yrs old now and the paint still looks new....and it has 168,000 Kms on it. Beats applying by hand.
Old 06-12-2014, 01:32 PM   #23

Turtle Wax Ice makes a paste wax which I use on all my vehicles. Once waxed I touch it up with Ice spray wax and that has worked very well for me. What I like about Ice is that it does not turn black trim white.
A product called Spray Nine is great for removing black streaks.
Clothes Dryer sheets are great for removing bugs. Just soak sheets in water and wipe bugs off.
rog4kneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 02:40 PM   #24

I use Simple Green to clean the roof, remove black streaks & bugs. It does an excellent job! Then I use the Thetford one application Wash & Wax. Just a couple of things that I've learned from several years experience detailing cars & RV's...any product that can remove streaks & bugs will take off the wax or polymer. And, washing/waxing with very hot water makes a big difference in the end result. Due to the size of RV's, you will have to refill your bucket several times to keep the water hot. But it's worth it as washing will be easier & it reduces/eliminates streaking as the product dries after you squeegee the RV.

2013 Jayco Whitehawk 27DSRL
RDUBYA448 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 07:49 AM   #25

I'm doing mine right now with Race Glaze protectant sealent. I tried turtle wax ice first as I had some in garage. It left water spots so I tried the race glaze and wow it works great. Found it at local napa. So far very happy with it. I did find it on amazon also with great reveiws.
Old 07-04-2014, 08:27 AM   #26

I've used Ice for 2 years and have now switched to Protect All which seems to give me a better finish. You can use it also on pretty much any surface, even windows. Both Protect All and Ice go on and off easily. I do my TT at least twice a year with additional coats on the front end to easily clean off the bugs.

HAPPY JULY 4TH!!
Best friend wife, Di, and dog Cooper. RETIRED
havnfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 08:42 AM   #27

I get Trailer Life magazine and I noticed an ad that claims you only need to wax once a year with this product, it's called Poli-Glow. It comes as a kit. It is a multi-step process though.

Anyone use it?
http://poliglow-int.com/
Gerard
glsimms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 05:44 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by glsimms View Post
I get Trailer Life magazine and I noticed an ad that claims you only need to wax once a year with this product, it's called Poli-Glow. It comes as a kit. It is a multi-step process though.

Anyone use it?

http://poliglow-int.com/

This sounds more like a coating that gets applied rather than a wax if you read the application instructions. I don't think I would try it on a newer trailer that still has a good finish, looks like it works amazing on chalky dull finished that have nothing to loose. Just my two cents.

Jayco 228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 06:02 AM   #29

I used Poliglow on our 2000 class C last summer. We've owned the rig about 3 years - prior to that it was in Florida. The vinyl graphics were badly faded & cracked, and the fiberglass was oxidized. I replaced the graphics myself and then did the Poliglow treatment.

I was very impressed with the results. After sitting out all winter, it cleaned up very nicely again this spring. The only area that I may need to attend to is the front cap where it angles up and is therefore a bit more exposed to the elements & streaking.

Overall, thus far, I'm pleased. Time will tell, of course.

2000 Jayco Designer 3230
32' - E450 - Triton V10
Steverino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 07:57 AM   #30

Surf City Garage Barrier Reef spray wax is my choice. I have used it on my truck in between paste waxing for several years. I can get it at the local Wally World, about $12 for a 20 oz bottle and I can usually do the truck or camper twice with one bottle. Easyest and best result of any spray wax that I have used, and I've tried many over the years
Old 07-05-2014, 12:29 PM   #31

BigMike, think smarter, let others work harder is my motto. These type task are the only reasons we have teenage sons or in my case, teenage grandsons. I see a perfectly good teaching example going to waste here...........lessons learned by our children or grandchildren about the rewards for hard work are sorely lacking IMHO.

I don't see it as exploitation at all......... instead, I see it as a life lesson that will greatly benefit them in adult life.............wax on, wax off. Hey, I mowed 1/2 acre lawns for $10 as a youth..........I don't understand why my grandson isn't happy with $10.
Lifespalette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 05:51 AM   #32
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifespalette View Post
Hey, I mowed 1/2 acre lawns for $10 as a youth..........I don't understand why my grandson isn't happy with $10.

You got paid, hmmm. I was ripped off.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 09:56 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifespalette View Post
I don't see it as exploitation at all......... instead, I see it as a life lesson that will greatly benefit them in adult life.............wax on, wax off. Hey, I mowed 1/2 acre lawns for $10 as a youth..........I don't understand why my grandson isn't happy with $10.
Inflation!

I got $20, but that was to mow, edge, weedeat, rake (if necessary) sweep, and clean up. And it better be done before dad gets home, or he'll do it himself and you lose out on the opportunity! AND there was no "helping" dad for "some" of the money, it was all or nothin'!

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
-2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JLU) (Primary Toad)
-1994 Jeep Wrangler YJ (Secondary Toad)
-2014 Jay Flight 28BHBE & Ram 2500 6.4L CC 4x4 (sold)
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote