Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-15-2013, 07:39 PM   #31
I bought the Ryobi RYI2200 a few weeks ago. Haven't used it in earnest so I can't I give it a thumbs up or down but did take it for a short test ride and it seems to work well. Came in at about 50% the cost of the Honda eu2000. We're mainly full hookup folks we plan on using it for emergencies mostly.

Enrico and Donna + 2 kids
RAM 2500 + Jayco Jay Flight 25BHS
Mods Done:
Black tank Quick-e Flush, MaxxAir Vent cover, TV bracket and LCD TV, added Slideout awning, bunk ladder, added socket and reading light to top bunk, added bathroom fan switch near light switch, insulated all externally accessible storage, sealed pass through storage from interior of trailer, LED lights throughout, added LED lights to storage compartments
EnricoG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 07:08 AM   #32
This issue has been sliced and diced a thousand times. Think it comes down to what you're willing to spend for reliable quiet power that is easy to transport, easy to use and easy to store. A lower cost alternative to the honda or Yam may get it done for you if all you're doing is charging up your batteries each day and you mostly camp by yourself. I resisted for years but finally gave in and spent the $$. Now have 2 hondas which is more than I need 95% of the time but gives me the flexibility and function that if I need it, I have it.

In the end, there is no right answer for everyone. For that reason I won't try to push my opinion on everyone on here. Its been said before [by me and others] there are situations where you get what you pay for. This is one of them.

Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 09:30 AM   #33
Costco now has Champion QUIET 2000 watt gens (similar to honda) for under $500.00 ea and they too can be paralleled together.
2004 Chev Silverado Duramax optioned past the max. 2009 Jayco Eagle 308 RLS 765 watts of solar, 6-6 volt batteries (696 amp hour), 2000 watt (4000 surge) whole house inverter.
140 days boondocking in 2016
211/2015, 196/14, 247/13, 193/12

Seann45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 01:02 PM   #34
Originally Posted by OnTheGo View Post
It will probably be a 2000W with a second one to be paralled in later. 3000W would be nice if I can afford it and lift it. I would appreciate any comments from generator owners/users in this forum regarding brands, pros and cons, and any other information a first time buyer should know.

One area of concern after looking at some online was the optional wheel kits for pulling the generator into place with a handle. The wheels looked small to the extent they might not roll well through gravel or loose dirt. I would consider another (possibly homemade dolly) arrangement with larger wheels.
Say, "OnTheGo", did you ever purchase that generator? Just wondering cuz your post has been going on now for almost a full year

2012 Eagle Super Lite HT 26.5RKS
2005 GMC 2500 SLT HD D/A
troutslayer is offline   Reply With Quote