Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-09-2016, 06:08 PM   #11
Originally Posted by borninblue View Post
Thank You! That is a HUGE help. I also didnt know they make totes, very useful. So I'm camping mainly at Ohio State Parks. So your saying the dump stations may not have fres water I can use?
Most Ohio State parks that I have been to have potable water, at the dump site and spread throughout the camp ground loops.

It is usually a lot more effort to haul fresh water to the trailer, than to haul gray water away.

Mine has 45 gallons capacity, and when going for more than a couple days, I would dump water in the gravity fill 6 gallons at a time. Seeing fewer and fewer rigs with gravity fill provisions.

We try to conserve water when not hooked up to water. Military type showers. Water on and get wet, water of while scrubbing, water on to rinse. Don't skimp with water in the toilet!

The gray water totes that have been mentioned are common and I have one. Have used it several times, very handy, especially at National Park Campgrounds. It's just bulky to store and haul. Never dump your black tank into it!!! Never!

2016 Jayco Eagle HT 29.5BHDS (ordered 12/30/15, delivered 3/8/16)
2015 F-350 crew cab, short bed, 6.7L PSD, Pullrite Superglide 3300 hitch
Cdash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 07:46 PM   #12
Originally Posted by borninblue View Post
Great Info thanks! We did really like the 28BHBE, that shower is very nice in that unit! However we figured that we would be showering at the parks anyways. The tub will be good for our small kids. I am rather tall, and the 27BHS has a full 80" queen. I know some say just throw a regular mattress on the rv queens, but the extra space in the bedroom really made a difference for me. The U Dinettes really dont appeal to me with that small end section, only a small child can fit back there. Additionally we wanted the outside fridge. So all in all seemed like the best fit.
Sounds like you got what worked for you… which is what its all about, just wanted to mention it in case you had not looked at one. The short Queen was the only thing I wish was different on the BHBE, for us the outside kitchen was not something we wanted wheres the larger bathroom/shower and U Dinette (coming from a standard dinette in our Hybrid) was.

When we got our Hybrid we figured we would shower in the Bath Houses but after a couple times even I preferred to Shower in our tiny corner shower (which was actually not to bad, and Im a big guy) than the Bathhouse, especially in Florida by the time you got back to your Campsite you were all sweaty again!

I know I'm cheating so it's not "real camping" (though actually having a trailer to camp in is kinda cheating) but it is the only luxury I wanted…

In response to your question on your other thread we ordered the Thermal Package, while not true 4 Seasons its better to have a little more insulation than less. I also saw you said you got the 50 Amp Service which should come with 2nd A/C Prep. Did you order the 2nd A/C? It is much less expensive to have it installed from the factory than later on plus you will get the % discount you received off the total package i.e. 30%. Same goes for the Thermal Package.

Good Luck with the New Rig!

'16 28BHBE / Elite / Thermal / Dual AC / 50 Amp / 12K Equalizer
'15 F250 Lariat CC FX4 6.2 w/ 3.73 / Air Lift 5000's / ARE Z Cap
'12 X19H Hybrid (Sold)
MIFL19H is offline   Reply With Quote