Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-24-2016, 07:12 AM   #1

Incredibly Disappointed In Jayco Right Now!

I am at my wits end right now with Jayco! Looking for some advice.

We ordered our Eagle HT 27.5RLTS 5er at the end of April. This particular model did not come with a dinette/booth, which was mandatory for me, for storage and extra sleeping room. Jayco told TWO different dealers, that we were working with at the time, that they could put a booth in our 5er, but it had to be in Peppercorn. That was fine with me, because that was the color I wanted anyway.

We were patient when our initial mid-July production date came and went. I finally called Jayco around the 9th of August to ask for a production date (was getting little to no help from our dealer) only to find out the 5er had been sitting there for a week, waiting for dealer pickup! (They're a mile down the road) Called the dealer and told them to go get it. Waited on their PDI and was told we could come and get it. I asked them if the slide covers had been put on. They went to look and called me back and said, "Yes, but there's a table and chairs in there"!

So, Jayco now tells our dealer the booth won't fit in that model. They made our 5er, without an option we specifically requested, and didn't even bother to call us or our dealer to tell them it wouldn't work and discuss any options with us! Our dealer says they can install the booth, but they're waiting on word from Jayco as to when they will have the booth to our dealer. I am having to call Jayco and try and get them to expedite this mess. I asked our dealer's rep to just take one that's sitting their waiting to go into another RV. He said, "I can't just shut down an entire production line for one dinette". Like they don't have stacks of them waiting there to go into these RV's? I am just so angry right now and sick and tired of being nice and patient. Who builds you a RV that's not to your specs and gives it to the dealer with an attitude like, "They'll just have to live with it"? We're sick of waiting and we don't know where to go from here. I'm so close to asking for our down payment back, it's not even funny. Rant over. Thanks.

~Lisa
Campin'_Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 08:39 PM   #2

Ask for the money to be returned and move on.
Good luck.
abarkl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 08:52 PM   #3

You know you have to do what you have to do. It is not right what when on but since the table and chairs are not what you ordered then I would make it right. It is your money.
2018 Jayco Jayfeather 27 RL, 2002 Ford excursion, v-10, 3:73 gears 4x4 mine. 2020 Buick Encore Hers, Retired Air Force, now Retired.
Parcany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 08:55 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campin'_Nana View Post
I asked our dealer's rep to just take one that's sitting their waiting to go into another RV. He said, "I can't just shut down an entire production line for one dinette". Like they don't have stacks of them waiting there to go into these RV's? .

~Lisa
They don't, all components basically arrive just in time to go into a unit.
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 09:00 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
They don't, all components basically arrive just in time to go into a unit.
Truth, Excess inventory is a huge no-no in the world of manufacturing today.

I'd get my deposit back and move along.
drinkingmymilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 10:08 PM   #6

If you got all the options you asked for on the sales contract specifically your dinette, I would ask for your money back in full and buy something else. If the dealer refuses your refund, consult an attorney. If it was me, my money would be refunded in 48 hours.
Firefighter78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 04:36 AM   #7

Is it just me or is this type of post becoming WAY to regular?

On one hand we have an HT delivered without dual pane windows and the buyer being told that Jayco said that those windows don't do that much in the HT anyway and we are considering on not offering that option in the future, to this one missing a dinette and the user being told by Jayco that it "won't fit"???

Don't they build prototypes of each model to ensure that all the pieces and parts DO FIT?

If I were of the (ahem) skeptical type, it sounds to me like there are some SERIOUS supplier issues that Jayco isn't talking about. I just hope after we end up waiting 20+ weeks for our TT, it comes in with everything we ordered.
Old 08-31-2016, 04:37 AM   #8

Unlike wheelha, both of my Jayco's have been wonderful and so far have not required any warranty work. We ordered our second one this out past April and took delivery in May. We had some special requests and they were fulfilled. If they had not I would have had them re-order another camper or refund my deposit.

I'd be upset like too but you have options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SouthCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 04:46 AM   #9

Thank you for the replies. First, after posting this, there was a thread started, that I felt was directed at me about bashing manufacturers not being allowed. I did not come here specifically to bash Jayco. I came here for advice on what to do next. We are newbies to the RV world and this has not been a pleasant experience for us. I read these forums for a full year before we decided to buy. In my opinion, if a forum is going to represent a certain manufacturer, honest reviews about positive AND negative experiences with that manufacturer should be allowed. Nothing in this world is all sunlight and roses and people have a right to know what they may be up against when dealing with any company.

So, here's an update. Last Thursday our dealer called and said our dinette would not be in until Sept. 9th, another 2 weeks. I told both the dealer and Jayco that I wanted our money back. 2 hours later I receive a call from both saying the booth would be to the dealer the next day and installed on Monday! Now why couldn't that have happened without the threats from me? We drove up from TN to IN Sunday morning and did our PDI yesterday. I have started this thread about that.

http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f1...oof-39457.html

~Lisa
Old 08-31-2016, 04:48 AM   #10

And by the way.....the dinette fit and it looks great! Our dealer did a perfect job of installing it.
Old 08-31-2016, 05:06 AM   #11

Send a message via AIM to jaycojay Send a message via MSN to jaycojay
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelha View Post
I agree. Ask for your deposit back. Have you seen the YouTube video: 4:38
Jayco - Building A Jayco Travel Trailer In 7 Hours Pure Junk
Cole Bihn
3 years ago241,019 views
Jayco - Building A Jayco In Travel Trailer In 7 Hours How they assemble a Jayco Travel Trailer in only 7 hours! Amazing crap built ...

My new 2016 Jayco Precept 31UL Class A RV has horrible construction. Very poor quality. I would never recommend that anyone buy a Jayco product. Nothing but problems we have only used it for five days. It has been at the RV dealership since June 30, 2016, except when we took it on a four-day trip from CA to OR, and experienced many more problems. False advertising. Jayco is not built by the Amish and there is no "Old World Amish Craftsmanship" involved in the construction. It's a rattling piece of junk!
Everyone that brings up this youtube video should be forced into sitting in front of their TV screen for 7 hours and watch it being built in real time. C'mon people, common sense here, it's a video showing all the steps it takes to build a trailer, not how fast they can build one.
jaycojay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 05:16 AM   #12

Jayco themselves told me our 5er would be built in 1 day. That is one shift, not 24 hours, so 7 hours seems right, from what I was told by them.
Old 08-31-2016, 05:21 AM   #13

Quote:
And by the way.....the dinette fit and it looks great! Our dealer did a perfect job of installing it.

Glad you finally got what you wanted in the end... I'll bet it'll be worth the extra hassle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SouthCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 06:30 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycojay View Post
Everyone that brings up this youtube video should be forced into sitting in front of their TV screen for 7 hours and watch it being built in real time. C'mon people, common sense here, it's a video showing all the steps it takes to build a trailer, not how fast they can build one.
Not to mention the guy that posted that video has some sort of affiliation with Lance RV's. He denies it, but I call BS! If you look at his other posts, he has over 200 Lance videos touting how great they are.

I searched high and low before I ordered a Jayco. I looked at dozens of other TT's. For the price range of the Jay Flight I purchased, I saw no brand that came close to initial quality of rigs I saw on dealer lots. I couldn't believe what some dealers were showing me! Doors falling off hinges, crooked woodwork and trim, rusty frames, the list goes on and on.
Old 08-31-2016, 07:01 AM   #15

Quote:
Jayco themselves told me our 5er would be built in 1 day. That is one shift, not 24 hours, so 7 hours seems right, from what I was told by them.
True, but most of the components are pre assembled and just installed on the chassis. How many cars or trucks come off of GM, FORD or CHRYSLERS line per hour, a lot more than 1.
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 10:35 AM   #16

Good point, Grumpy!
Old 08-31-2016, 12:32 PM   #17

Been to the Jayco factory, all the parts and components are pre assembled and just installed to the Chassis on the line, Including the wiring Harnesses that are all pre laid out for the model in production. that video is bogus, obvious attempt at discrediting Jayco.

Sorry you had to go through so much to get what you wanted, but in the end you have it and all the best with it. Jayco Customer service went out of there way for me, so I cannot say one bad thing about them.

There isn't a manufacture out there that doesn't have issues, We looked high and far before buying our Precept, After using it for several months now we couldn't be more pleased with the quality of the unit. To each their own but for us our Jayco Precept is exactly what we were looking for.
Attached Thumbnails
36UN at CS.jpg  
nma33 is offline   Reply With Quote