Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

View Poll Results: Initial quality poll as delivered.
Quality level 1 (Terrible) 24 3.70%
Quality level 2 20 3.08%
Quality level 3 31 4.78%
Quality level 4 33 5.08%
Quality level 5 67 10.32%
Quality level 6 30 4.62%
Quality level 7 107 16.49%
Quality level 8 173 26.66%
Quality level 9 124 19.11%
Quality level 10 (Outstanding) 40 6.16%
Voters: 649. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-24-2016, 06:21 PM   #61
Site Team

76.22% get a 7 or better rating for initial quality. Not to shabby for RV`s.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 06:44 PM   #62

So far everything on mine fits, works, and doesn't leak. We're very happy with it. I hope that happiness lasts....
Old 08-13-2016, 08:22 AM   #63

outside shower

Main supply line was kinked going to the outside shower, no clearance because the outside shower faucet box was up to high. or the bathroom shelf to low making a pinch point on supply line. Easy fix just ugly hole in shelf
Shawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 11:00 PM   #64

I gave it a 6. Here is why:

1. Fridge did not work on propane on delivery. (Fixed by blowing out burner with canned air).
2. Outside radio does not work at all.
3. Rear slide has the common 37FS trim leak issue.
4. Worst problem...potential bomb...propane tank was filled at PDI, I noticed the smell of propane while it is sitting at home. Did the spray bottle test and found the gauge connection having a small leak.
5. Missing some screw covers on the panel between the cab and the coach, as well as wooden screw covers for the gas furnace cover.

Being brought to the dealer in the morning to have all these issues repaired.
Old 11-08-2016, 12:28 AM   #65

So far so good! I have a little hump in the floor that the kitchen slide rubs on but nothing I can do about that so I sanded down the panel that goes across the floor and problem solved. The problem I had is the dealer doesn't represent the quality that Jayco talks about in their advertising for the product. I went to hell and back with my purchase vowed to never return to the dealer again. I have to drive an extra 30 miles to the only other dealer to get help when I need it. I try to do as much work as I can if needed.

Otherwise I'm a Jayco loyal all the way!!
Dropnaduece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 01:06 AM   #66

We had a couple of small problems, but overall nothing very serious.

1. The door was out of adjustment, which took a bit of work to get everything setup properly.
2. Our windshield wipers were out of adjustment. They'd work correctly for awhile and then start running off the edge of the windshield. This turned out to be a loose bolt that was extremely hard to get at.
3. Our fantastic fan died pretty quickly in, that was a defective unit. Replaced under warranty.

For a coach at this price-point it's been a huge relief that we haven't had any major issues. Jayco did a great job on our coach.
enjo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 06:49 AM   #67

I gave our new 28.5 HT an initial 5 rating due to some issues found during our PDI. I actually found 3 bolts on the slides that the nuts were not even screwed all the way up against the frame. They were only about half way up the bolts. After taking delivery of the FW I got up underneath it and found several more nuts that were not tight as well.
This is definitely a QC issues as far as I'm concerned.

The electric brake wires going to one of the wheels was hanging down "below" the axle and could have easily been ripped off. Pretty easy fix, but a bad deal none the less. I also installed a lot of wire loom on wires that were exposed to the frame and other wear points to try and avoid issues in the future.

Our first two trips in the FW have been pretty trouble free. We are heading out on a 800 mile round trip this week for a better test of things. So far we are enjoying the new FW but I was a little disappointed when I found all the loose bolts.
Tommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 08:08 AM   #68

I gave it a 6

Problems encountered in the first year:
1. One tire lost all its tread on our return trip from Florida. Our dealer installed a new tire.
2. We got locked out while on a trip and had to call a locksmith who had to drill the lock to let us in. The key would not open the lock anymore. Jayco support helped us to find a locksmith and indicated that they had a bad batch of locks for some of our models. Our dealer replaced the door handle and lock assembly.
3. The led light for the electric water heater stopped working. Our dealer has shipped us a new one but the light came on for a fraction of a second and stopped again. Will need to go to the dealer.
4. On our first trip, all the shelves in the rear pantry felt to the floor with their content. I used hardware and screwed all the shelves to the wall preventing anymore problems.
5. The bottoms of the kitchen drawers came off. I reinforced the plywood and installed hardware to reinforce them.
MarMic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 10:24 AM   #69

I have indicated in other posts that I really believe they pulled my 2008 Jayco off the line and used it as a training prop for Quality Control and fixed possible issues with it at the factory. I have never had it in the shop for repairs, adjustments, poor fit problems, etc. and currently could not think of anything I would ask a technician to check or fix. Very pleased with it and this is one of the reasons I have hesitated to trade up the past 2 years.
dg1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2016, 12:45 AM   #70

This is a brand new unit. All problems were noticed on day 1:
1) Emergency break switch not working. Wire was not properly secured in the WIRE NUT!
2) Wire Nuts were used in a location exposed to the elements.
3) Wire nuts should never be used in an RV in the first place. They are used inside the unit as well as outside were exposed to the elements.
4) Water leaking from under the water heater. The pump is cycling every 2-3 minutes. This leak is not from the typical pressure relief valve or the drain valve, but coming from somewhere under the water heater and running down through the body.
5) Water dripping from the cold water inlet to the water heater (separate leaks from #4)
6) Contacting the dealer for making repairs, but they can not see the unit for 2 months! I repaired the break problem myself and have to live with leaking unit for 2 months.
7) Panels in bathroom are stapled through in random fashion. Staples are visible
8) Closet rod was cut too short and kept falling. Had to cut a new one.
9) Power converter/charger is under rated. with 2x80Amp/hour batteries I believe that one needs more than 35A charger
10) Electric panel was screwed off plumb. Held in place with only 3 screws
11) The strap securing the fresh water tank is loose. the tank is siting in place just by gravity.

So with all these problems I have to rate this unit's quality as 2 or 3
chugchug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2016, 07:00 AM   #71

I love my Jayco thus far albeit has only been used one summer with 5 trips and 1800 miles or so. But has only been in the shop once after the first couple of trips to have some minor items that be fixed and tightened up. Most of I could of done myself but I have a small hump in my floor that I wanted them to look at come to find out there is nothing wrong except the floor is a bit off and not much I can do about it unless I want to tear it apart. But in my line of business when you do any rework something always goes wrong it will never be good enough so I chose to not go any further with floor being a little off. Other than than that it has been a solid trailer. I really only looked at a couple of other brands before buying my White Hawk so the wife and I went and toured a few other brands and have come to the conclusion that we made a great choice! I gave it a 8 out of 10. Not perfect but pretty darn good.
Dropnaduece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2016, 07:51 AM   #72

I'm going to be nice and give it a 1. Still playing the cat and mouse game trying to get warranty work done.
shadester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 08:33 PM   #73
Site Team

bump
Old 12-31-2016, 06:36 AM   #74

We really cannot find much to complain about. It seems our unit was put together pretty well. We have a few design and appointment issues but nothing structural - so far. Our problems to date have been with poor dealer care and treatment of our trailer and our delivery repair and prep items (some serious).
FeatherFam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 08:18 PM   #75

I gave an 8, but a good 8. Since I bought at fall RV show season, there is a chance that some of the issues I had were caused by the multitudes of people that I'm sure toured the RV before I bought it. To be fair, the dealer fixed all of the issues I raised without any fuss. The issues I have with not being able to rank a 10 for quality also have to do with the fact I didn't buy the highest end possible. My unit is entry level from the luxury line, so things could be built a lot better to rank a 10, but that would mean a more expensive unit. Attention to tiny detail and high quality craftsmanship cost money. From 3 feet away from anything there are no obvious quality issues. Considering the cost, I am quite happy with my "8" RV. I don't think its reasonable to find an RV this large in the five figure price range that would rate much better.
RayPayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 01:49 PM   #76

Very happy with our dealer and our Jayco Pinnacle. Had one issue, dealer took care of it, so far so good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JeffC1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 06:41 PM   #77

I have only had my trailer for two weeks and the only complaint that I have is the mattress. The Denver Mattress is hard as a rock. I've slept on softer floors. For now we are going to put egg crate foam on it till we purchase a replacement.
Ron Mann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 01:36 PM   #78
Site Team

Bump
Old 06-12-2017, 08:12 PM   #79

I gave a 6. There was a post someone posted about their shower not being supported correctly. Sure enough I stepped into the shower and the left side of the shower dropped down when I stepped on it while checking it. I also noticed the bathroom door was not level. We're heading out on our 2nd trip this weekend and I know I'll probably find more.

Also agree with everyone on the mattress. I'm sure the cost point favors Jayco but it's a POS. Simmons should be ashamed to have their name on that mattress.
Drolaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 09:06 PM   #80

I posted to this on August 10, 2016. We had the trailer a week when I posted and voted. Other than the tires and mattress, both of which have been replaced, I still have to give my unit the same high score. Probably 5,000 miles and (if I remember) 32 nights spent. I've added a bunk ladder and separated the step light from the awning LED switch, and a few other things, and had the DVD player replaced... but the build quality of our trailer still seems to be very good. My last TT was SOB and by now was having lots of little trim issues and already showing some signs of wear... but so far this one's holding it's own. It needs to, because this will be my last camper.