Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-13-2014, 06:34 AM   #11
I think it is. I have had it when CW was not associated with Good Sam. Have had the occasion to use it twice and both times prompt response with individuals that are familiar with RVs and their unique differences.

Craig & Terry in Tennessee
2013 Pinnacle 36 KPTS, Voyager Rear View Camera
2012 F350 CC LB King Ranch, 6.7L TD, Ford 25K hitch, TM TPMS, Diesel Site Coolant Filtration System

TNCraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 07:40 AM   #12
Just about every retailer tries to sign you up for a store card offering discounts, special deals, and perks. They don't do this because they like you or because they want to do you a favor. They push these cards [accounts] to entise you to buy their stuff. Thats why they are also called loyality cards. Like a previous poster said, the discounts at CW may get you closer to the price you can find the same product elsewhere.

Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 09:27 AM   #13
We are members of Good Sam and the GS camping group. Well worth it and some great camping trips with members
2013 31.5 RLTS Eagle
Crablad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 09:52 AM   #14
I don't know about the Good Sam club membership itself, but we just signed up for Good Sam Roadside assistance. Figured for the $79, it's good peace of mind in case we have a roadside emergency, especially since we're taking a 900-mile trip to Mt Rushmore in 2 weeks.
kvangil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 01:09 AM   #15
I have had GS memberships in the past when it was cost effective to get one. It's possible to make up the membership fee on just one trip if your comparing CW price to the CDN price of RV related things. I agree with others who say you can get as good a deal elsewhere. Aside from RV dealers, i have yet to see a store in Canada that is similar to CW.
2011 Jay Feather Select 28U
2007 Silverado Crewcab LT 6.0L
Happily married and father of
two university students.
Cancer survivor
Murphie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 02:59 PM   #16
Originally Posted by Shorty Cox View Post
What about good sams roadside assistance? Is it worth it?
Read carefully what exactly it is that they do for you. Seemed to me like if you got a flat, they would come out and change the tire with your spare if you have one.

Check your RV insurance policy and see what they cover for emergency towing. You may find you are just duplicating something you already have. Call the state police and ask them to send the nearest licensed tow company. In many states, if they tow you to their repair facility and perform the repair, the tow is free. If they tow you somewhere else, you pay the tow, but your insurance will usually cover it.

John & Nancy
Jay Feather 25Z 2007
Ford F-150 XLT 5.4 Triton 2008
TeamFoxy is offline   Reply With Quote