Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-24-2014, 09:12 AM   #11
You could also use the 5 gallon bucket to reclaim some of your grey water and dump it down the toilet to flush out your black.

I would be hesitant as well to hook up my FW system to my black tank flush, I know there is a very remote possibility of contamination, but it's not worth the risk to me. If I can get a pretty good flush at the site using their FW down the toilet, or the reclaimed grey, I'd do that before I would try to hook up the on board FW system to the waste system.

2014 Jay Flight 28 BHBE
2015 RAM 2500 6.4L HEMI, Tradesman 4x4, 3.73
Blue Ox SwayPro (BXW 1503)

Upgraded from an REI internal frame backpack and a Eureka 1/2 dome tent!
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 10:24 AM   #12
A lot of trailers dont have a black tank flush system on them. Mine dosent have one and havent had on any trailer that I have owned now I do beleive that its a great option and I do wish my new one had the tank flush. Byt I have always used the 5gal bucket system and never had any problems when I am done dumping I put 5gal of water and a packet of chemicals and it sits all winter long no smell and no issues next spring.

Washington, State.
2011 Jayco G2 25RKS
2004 Dodge 2500 CTD
Old Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 01:58 PM   #13
OK what about using the proper chemicals in the black tank. That is what these chemicals are made for. If they cost too much. Simply buy a gallon of vinegar. Dump the contents in the toilet. Fill that same jug with water (twice). Dump that in the toilet (while still at home) after you make the drive there and spend the weekend, it will dump fairly clean. Especially if you use the chemicals and vinegar. You can also do the vinegar again (after dumping) and add "at least" 1/2 gallon of RVAF. it will sit fine all winter.
I started with nothing, and still have most of it left
2001 Jayco KIWI 23B
2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 AWD
qwed94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 05:54 PM   #14
Thanks for all the ideas. I may just try the 5 gallon bucket method.Once I return home I will be able to hook up to house and flush it and dump into septic tank.I just don't wanna leave any solids in there for the cold long trip home
06 2500 Duramax. Air lift 5000 air bags,Equalizer WDH, EFI live,fass fuel system,4" straight pipe

2015 Jayco Eagle Premier 314BHDS

IBEW local 94 Electrical Worker
314BHDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 07:03 PM   #15
Originally Posted by Seann45 View Post
Most campgrounds that I have hosted at, that have this kind of tap have it because they don't have enough water for filling RV tanks.. so doing this you could be taking 30 other peoples water..
OOOps, I think you misunderstood me. My point was to hook up the water thief to the RVs faucet, not a campsite faucet, then use the on board pump to pull water from the on board fresh water tank. Sorry if I wasn't clear about this.

2012 Eagle Super Lite HT 26.5RKS
2005 GMC 2500 SLT HD D/A
troutslayer is offline   Reply With Quote