Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-03-2015, 06:19 PM   #1

Jay Flight vs. Whitehawk

I'm really getting ahead of myself as we've only had our Jay Flight 24 FBS six months or so, but can someone give me a quick summary of the differences between the two. I was looking at a tow vehicle thread earlier and we know we want to go bigger several years from now.
The Eagle is a no brainier, top of the line for Jayco TT, but the Jay Flight and Whitehawk look pretty close.

Signed: Curious in Cumming (couldn't resist)
"Gonna buy a home on wheels see
how it feels going mobile"
mothernaturesson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 06:34 PM   #2
Site Team

Here is a thread on the topic including links to other similar threads:

http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f7...ght-25686.html
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 07:26 PM   #3

It's been a couple years since I looked at them. The JayFlight is a heavier more conventionally built TT. The Whitehawk uses a lot more of the lighter weight construction techniques to get larger TT at lower weights. Some people think the lower weight techniques lead to a more problem prone TT, I don't necessarily share that opinion of today's light and ultralight trailers, maybe 10 years ago.

For me personally there were a couple key things that kept me in the JayFlight line...larger tanks (fresh/black/grey and LP), higher ceiling, larger fridge, hydraulic Rams on bed and flip-up cabinets and the one thing that I just couldn't understand was Whitehawks had plastic toilet bases and JayFlights are porcelain. There was a few others, but this was enough for me.

You have to do your own comparison, things may have changed since we shopped last. I do know we where comparing JayFlight with the "Elite Package". Some of the things mentioned didn't come on units with out that package nor the Swift/SLX versions.

The Whitehawk had some pro's too -- The one I recall the most is really liking their fiberglass sidewalls compared to the JayFlight.
2012 Jay Flight 26BH (Sold)
clubhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 11:20 AM   #4

Thanks, all very informative. I guess I was thinking in terms of materials and amenities the progression was JayFlight, WhiteHawk, Eagle. It will have to come down to what "floats our boat" when the time comes. Mean while the 24FBS has been a great entry level camper, hope it's tough to part with because of all the great memories when the time comes!
"Gonna buy a home on wheels see
how it feels going mobile"
mothernaturesson is offline   Reply With Quote