Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-18-2017, 06:09 AM   #1

Jayco and Jack's Campers, Awesome Customer Service

The 2 year warranty on our Jayco Pinnacle expired in Dec 2016 and we couldn't be more pleased with our purchase because of the customer service at two dealerships and Jayco HQ but there is a story to go with that statement.

My initial dealer in 2014, had the integrity to say (before we purchased) an RV is a mechanical item so things will break. We should all clearly understand this fact. On our first trip out, we identified 11 repairs; simple things like door alignments and trim pieces. All items were fixed or ordered in one day without question. We are Camp Hosts (near Mt Rushmore and Sturgis) where we regularly see much worse manufacturer issues and warranty shortfalls from other builders; for us this experience constantly reinforced the value of a legacy company like Jayco and a their 2 year warranty.

Now here is where is gets interesting; over the next two years some more serious problems developed. Also in that time, my (military) career moved us to SD and involved coordinating repairs with a new dealer and eventually Jayco headquarters. While changing dealers is challenging for other brands, we were very welcomed by Jack's Campers near Rapid City, SD (also in Mitchell, SD). At Jack's, their warranty director Linda got involved, she was amazing, and in short order I was introduced to the owners, Doug and Kari. Whenever I asked, they would even give me the parts and training to DIY simple repairs and avoid leaving our RV. Prime example, when my AC unit fans blew apart (a known issue for the 2015 Coleman units); not only did they give me the parts as requested, they sent a technician up on a new RV roof with me to explain the exact repair I would be doing at home.

Now the real Jayco difference appeared when I discovered cracking in my fiberglass walls. Although Jack's did not sell me my RV, they invested dozens of hours into my issue. Linda directed the shop to complete several detailed evals and Doug made numerous calls as we patiently worked through the management levels at Jayco. As we progressed, Doug even personally drove 6 hours to come to my location just so he could see the concern himself and "not inconvenience my family". This was unheard of, anyone else would have told me to bring it to them! After personally viewing my RV and taking pictures, Doug reassured me that (even as my warranty was expiring) we would be taken care of. Remember he was not the selling dealer and could have easily deferred to the standard warranty channels but he didnt... Doug "stood in a mountain" for us! After gathering all of the details, Jayco and Jack's Campers were only interested in the right and lasting repair instead of a quick fix.

In the end, Jack's Campers and Jayco took care of all of our concerns and worked an agreement that made us customers for life! Jayco customer service at every level from day one, was supportive and even through the (customer concerned) transition to Thor nothing changed; we only experienced top notch customer care. They still use rare and cherished terms like heritage, long-term customer satisfaction and Jayco family. I will whole heartedly recommend if you are near South Dakota, stop by Jack's Campers. We even advise all of our campground customers to drive 4 miles past Camping World and go to Jack's for anything from parts, service, warranty and purchases. We receive many compliments back on this recommendation.

Bottom line and two years later; there is no doubt, we would only purchase a Jayco again and Jack's Campers will definitely sell us our next RV!

2015 Jayco Pinnacle FLSA & 2008 Chevy Duramax

Anxiously awaiting retirement where I have been told everyday is a Saturday
Old 03-18-2017, 07:55 AM   #2

A good dealer[s] make all the difference. We're considering upgrading to a 5th wheel and your story makes me want to drive up there and buy from them. Unfortunately it will probably be the local CampingWorld.
TCNashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 08:10 AM   #3

Great story.....

It's refreshing to hear of a good experience, instead of the doom and gloom scenarios often seen on RV forums.
Old 03-18-2017, 08:17 AM   #4

Wow, that's a great experience! Thanks for sharing it with us.

2013 F-350 CC SB 2WD 6.7PS
2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS
-SOLD- 2012 X23B
-SOLD- 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4, Bilstein shocks
RedHorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 08:24 AM   #5

Great write-up and matches our experience with our local dealer and Jayco. We keep ours on a seasonal site 160 miles from home and the dealer. The few issues we've had were dealt with thru cooperation. The dealer would provide parts, loan any special tools and education so long as I was comfortable tackling the task. In my mind, if you own an RV, you need to understand how it's put together and have skills to fix things. This respect we have for each pay dividends with the dealer making arrangements at Jayco for factory repairs of owner induced issues on our prior unit. Currently, outside of warranty and no questions ask, they're handling a front cap refinish due to fading. I'm sure the dealer remains invested in what may be an excellent condition future trade. This is our third Jayco and if we get an urge for another, we know where to go.

BTW - Was stationed at EAFB from 75 to79 and both daughters born there.
2017 RZR for the rainy days n muddy roads
Stingray75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 09:21 PM   #6

Jack's Customer Too

We just made the round trip today from Rapid City to Mitchell to bring our camper home that was at Jack's getting some warranty work done, having a generator installed and a few other miscellaneous things done. We too have good things to say about Jack's. We bought our camper from the Mitchell location and the buying experience was very positive as well. We recommend them for sales or service.