Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-13-2015, 06:58 PM   #21

We have only had a few "minor" issues with our TT. All were handled by our local dealer in warranty with no questions asked. Our dealer (Voyager RV) in Winfield BC has been great through sales AND service. I highly recommend them to others looking for an RV. We are very happy Jayco owners.
Andersen Hitch.
'07 Northern Lite 10-2RR Camper.
SuperSprings.
Northern Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 09:51 PM   #22

I hope JohnsonR can find the help he needs with his unit. I find it hard to believe Jayco would not respond to your request. I had my second new Jayco arrive with the wrong furniture, mine was a factory order and Jayco had decided that they would do a inline change of the furniture I ordered. I know the frustration you feel. I had reached out to Jayco online and had a reply the next day. This has taken a bit of footwork, but in the end, Jayco agreed to ship the furniture right across the country to make this deal right. I'm positive the trucking alone is what the furniture is worth at best. I will be doing the walk thru next Friday, even before the section couch shows up. I'm pleased with Jayco and my dealers response to my situation, hope you can resolve all your problems before the 2 yr warranty in up. Good luck to you.
68 Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 07:05 AM   #23

I have contacted Jayco only once. Nowhere in the massive pile of manuals in our Greyhawk was anything on the keyless door lock. I emailed Jayco and very quickly received a PDF of the lock manual by email.

2014 Greyhawk 31FK
2007 Honda Shadow Sabre 1100cc
NC Roamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 07:36 AM   #24

I have called Jayco many many times, and they always took care of my problem right away.
Old 03-14-2015, 08:04 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonr View Post
To answer your question I do have the unit. I picked it up in May 2014. I am still trying to get it to a new condition. The dealer told me they were ordering parts from Jayco last July.
Johnsonr,

I'm not trying to bash or flame you, but I'm a little confused. You still haven't told us what is the problem you are having with the trailer. What "parts" were ordered? You said you were ". . . trying to get it to a new condition". Did your purchase a new or used trailer?

If you give us a little more specific information, we may be able to give you some help/advise on the issues you are having.

Please respond.
Old 03-14-2015, 07:23 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brownie View Post
Johnsonr,

I'm not trying to bash or flame you, but I'm a little confused. You still haven't told us what is the problem you are having with the trailer. What "parts" were ordered? You said you were ". . . trying to get it to a new condition". Did your purchase a new or used trailer?

If you give us a little more specific information, we may be able to give you some help/advise on the issues you are having.

Please respond.
I purchased a new trailer. I had the following issues:
1) Rusty stove
2) Cracked hitch wheel
3) Protective cover over the aluminum tube to support the folded down sink was missing.
4) Missing valve stem cover
5) Scratched countertop
6) Stabalizer crank had rust and glue all over it.
7) Thumb latches in the awning pole dislodged and stuck inside the pole the first time I opened it.

1) and 2) were fixed at delivery when we kicked up a fuss.

On 3) the salesman was adamant that I had to put a cardboard box under the end of the aluminum tube to protect the flooring.

The service manager had me bring it back in late June / early July to fix 4), 6) and look at what was needed for 5) and 7). 3) was fixed. 4) and 6) were not fixed. The parts for 5) and 7) were not immediately ordered and weren't here when my trailer had to go to storage.

More generally on this thread, Todd's friend has my VIN, phone number and details of my problems. I think Todd has promised to comment on my authenticity.
johnsonr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 07:28 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayHawk51 View Post
If you post your complaint on Facebook (jayco), You will get a response within 48 hrs. I did.....
I have to chuckle. My wife has friends who worked in the Canadian Parliament and Facebook went through those circles about 3 to 6 months before it really went mainstream. When she signed up and showed it to me I told her it looked like some silly fad so I haven't been able to open an account!
Old 03-14-2015, 07:46 PM   #28

The other thing I realized. I thought I had complained about the dealer on this forum before I even took delivery of the trailer. When I look back, it was another forum.

RV Canada in Ottawa
Old 03-14-2015, 08:05 PM   #29

OP, all those are things the DEALER is supposed to handle. When you bought the trailer did you do a walkthrough with the dealer and point out issues? Did you get WRITTEN verification of the issues and a commitment to repair within X days from the dealer? If not, you aren't going to get those things repaired. Everything you mention is called "wear and tear". If Jayco has no proof that this damage occurred BEFORE you took possession, they won't authorize it to be repaired.

The stove was likely not rusty when Jayco installed it. I just sold my 17 year old trailer and we had no rust on the stove, even after 17 years of use.
I have no idea what a "hitch wheel" is.
Again... no idea what #3 is.
A valve stem? The dealer could have taken one off another rig or off an old tire that they had replaced, etc.
Scratches happen, did you mention it on your walk through and get the dealer to agree to replace it? Again... the DEALER is your go-to here, not the manufacturer.
Stabilizer cranks will get surface rust, that's the nature of the beast. You can keep them lubricated, which means they will pick up dirt and get the dirt in the mechanism. The paint won't last too many up and down cycles.
Thumb latches are another DEALER issue.

None of these issues really sound like something to get bent out of shape about. Either they were documented and the dealer has dropped the ball or they weren't documented and you dropped the ball.
spoon059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 08:26 PM   #30

Yes those are Dealer issues with the exception of the awning pole. It broke the first time I used it which makes it a warranty issue.

Jayco protects their dealers from competition on Jayco sales within the dealers markets. What does Jayco want in return?

If Jayco's customers all stopped buying Jayco's products because the dealers treated the customers like crap, Jayco would be out of business.

When I try to e-mail Jyco, the autoreply I get says

"Your inquiry has been forwarded to the appropriate Jayco Customer Service team member who will contact you directly."...
"At Jayco, we promise to provide you the best service possible - before, during and after the sale"

It does not say you will be contacted unless you are e-mailing about a dealer problem. Does Jayco really care about what their customers think of purchasing a Jayco?
Old 03-14-2015, 08:56 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonr View Post
Yes those are Dealer issues with the exception of the awning pole. It broke the first time I used it which makes it a warranty issue.

Jayco protects their dealers from competition on Jayco sales within the dealers markets. What does Jayco want in return?

If Jayco's customers all stopped buying Jayco's products because the dealers treated the customers like crap, Jayco would be out of business.

When I try to e-mail Jyco, the autoreply I get says

"Your inquiry has been forwarded to the appropriate Jayco Customer Service team member who will contact you directly."...
"At Jayco, we promise to provide you the best service possible - before, during and after the sale"

It does not say you will be contacted unless you are e-mailing about a dealer problem. Does Jayco really care about what their customers think of purchasing a Jayco?
Sounds like you need to stop emailing them, and give them a call.
Old 03-14-2015, 09:04 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch Pin View Post
Sounds like you need to stop emailing them, and give them a call.
Calling might be a good idea.

Something that hasn't been mentioned as far as I know, is the international issues that may exist. There could be a whole additional level of bureaucracy between Canadian owners and the Jayco company that none of us are aware of. If that's the case, a phone call could make a big difference or shed some light on the situation.
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 09:16 PM   #33

Johnsonr,
Just a little history on this forum, you may already know this so if you do, I do not intend to insult your intelligence.

Many people think this is a site owned and operated by Jayco, which is not true, it is a forum of owners of Jayco products with similar interests and we share ideas and trouble shoot problems ourselves amongst ourselves, and yes, at times we complain about Jayco or a dealer, so you see, we can become defensive, no different than if your child came back from basketball practice and complained about a coach or the referees, you too would become defensive, it's human nature.

When a person opens there participation in our group with a complaint (or shortly thereafter) and includes blaming and name calling, then naturally you can expect us to get defensive. After all, we all kind of like our trailers, even if they on occasion have faults.

What we do welcome, and will welcome with you too is an attitude of participation and troubleshooting, we want to help others have a good experience, and honestly, I don't believe anyone here cares if you own a Jayco, or a Forest River, Keystone, etc, but rather we want to help,the RV community, so please let us help you come to a resolve, don't make us take defense against you.

We welcome you and would like to help you, if you just let us,

Thanks, Stan

2011 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins
2012 Starcraft Autumn Ridge 297 BHS
Flyrotor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 08:06 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyrotor View Post
Johnsonr,
Just a little history on this forum, you may already know this so if you do, I do not intend to insult your intelligence.

Many people think this is a site owned and operated by Jayco, which is not true, it is a forum of owners of Jayco products with similar interests and we share ideas and trouble shoot problems ourselves amongst ourselves, and yes, at times we complain about Jayco or a dealer, so you see, we can become defensive, no different than if your child came back from basketball practice and complained about a coach or the referees, you too would become defensive, it's human nature.

When a person opens there participation in our group with a complaint (or shortly thereafter) and includes blaming and name calling, then naturally you can expect us to get defensive. After all, we all kind of like our trailers, even if they on occasion have faults.

What we do welcome, and will welcome with you too is an attitude of participation and troubleshooting, we want to help others have a good experience, and honestly, I don't believe anyone here cares if you own a Jayco, or a Forest River, Keystone, etc, but rather we want to help,the RV community, so please let us help you come to a resolve, don't make us take defense against you.

We welcome you and would like to help you, if you just let us,

Thanks, Stan
Great response, Stan.
I think you've captured the thoughts of many of us here on the forum and you've stated it so well.
dewey02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 08:37 AM   #35

You know I deal with RV Canada as stated before and as admitted they are far from perfect but there are usually two sides to every story. I definitely do not have the same issues that JohnsonR does but something is simply Not right here.

A person buys a trailer in May 2014 but comes out all guns a blazing in March the following year? Not only that, but the same vitrol is being spread on multiple sites.

So I did a search on RV Canada Complaints with the BBB, Better Business Bureau here in Canada. Alas.... There is always more that meets the eye.

JohnsonR, I can assure you as well, the Service Garage for RV Canada is outside of town so it's not a ploy by them to inconvenience you. Oh well, sounds like you have a scheduled appointment for May 2015 for your service at your convenience. Why are you still going off on this?

It seems to me that you may simply be a difficult sort of customer to deal with judged on what I've seen so far. Sometimes I find a little honey goes a long way in life

Quote:
Complaint - Posted Jan 12 2015
RV Canada does not return calls of people who have placed a deposit on an RV. They do not deliver new trailers in new condition.

I purchased a new trailer from RV Canada in May 2014. I had to phone repeatedly to discuss delivery ************************************************** *************** ************* When I did get through to someone they didn't know they were delivering a trailer to me. There were several parts of it that were not in new condition at delivery. Some were fixed at delivery some not.

I took it for a service appointment late June to have two defects inspected, parts ordered and more of the non-delivery things fixed. Not all things were fixed.

I e-mailed the service manager ************ several times over the summer asking about the parts ********************************** he thought someone else should be helping me.

I called the service manager every two weeks all fall asking for updates. He told me he would look into the parts and call back. He would not call back.

Finally in early November I went on their web site and asked the online assistant for the name of the general manager. She told me that she would need my name before she could give me the managers name. After I gave my name she said she didn't have the name *********** She then said she would have the general manager call me. ***** the assistant sales manager called me and we discussed all this. ***************** the general manager did not call me.

***** did have the service manager look the parts up and call to say they were still two or three weeks out. I decided to store the trailer for the winter without fixes and have the fixes made in May 2015.

***** seemed like the kind of person who wanted to fix problems so I followed up with an e-mail detailing all the little problems as I want someone with some authority at RV Canada to tell me that all my problems can be resolved in on service visit in May 2015. I have not heard back from ******

I called today and they told me he is off for a few days but it seemed vague as to when he might return.

Desired Settlement

I would like to have someone at RV Canada with authority (preferably the general manager) call me, and read over my problem list. I would like that person to be accountable that in one service visit in May 2015 all my issues can be resolved.

Business Response
************ picked up his unit and a few issues were noted during the pickup. Most items were addressed with the exception of the items that required us to order parts from the manufacturer. When the service appointment was booked with our service advisor ************, *********** was unwilling to bring the trailer to our service location **************************, instead bringing it to our sales location at ********************, where we have limited access to service technicians. Therefore it is perhaps understandable why not all the items were repaired during this visit. Had these items been brought to the attention of our service manager, ************** they would have been resolved in a more timely manner. *********** the service advisor that *********** was dealing with, is extremely busy during the summer months, as are all our staff members at that time of year and it is unfortunate that this matter was not brought to the attention of our service manager, either by ********** or ************

With respect to our online assistant, she is not familiar with our staff and simply forwards the customer's conversation to a representative within the dealership. In this particular case, our assistant sales manager,************** handled the call. Regrettably, ***** has not been able to follow-up with *********** due to a tragic event *****************. The timing of his return is, as yet, undetermined. It is probably best that *********** correspond directly with our service manager,*************** ***** can be reached at ************* or ******************

We understand that during the last week of November, ********** spoke with *********** and explained that the parts in question (a table top, and an awning pole) finally arrived and *** ******* chose to have the repairs completed in the spring of 2015. To ensure all ************* outstanding items will be repaired in one short service visit in May of 2015, he may wish to communicate directly with ************* at the contact points referred to previously.

- See more at: Consumer complaints for RV Canada - Eastern and Northern Ontario and the Outaouais BBB
Equalizer 10k WD, Prodigy P3 Controller, TST TPMS

2012 - Jayco Sport 10 Popup - Traded
Dagwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 09:27 AM   #36

Johnsonr,

Thanks for posting your responses to my questions about your trailer and the problems you are having. Some of your issues appear to be poor dealer prep, but others appear to be normal wear and tear. Dagwood's last post was very informative, as well. Looks to me as though RVCanada has made a reasonable effort to take care of your issues, but you need to meet them half way . . . in this case, all the way to their actual service facility. Even if it is on the other side of town.

Life's too short to be blowing things all out of proportion. It's time to put on your "big boy panties", be less confrontational and more cooperative. Time to stop the b****ing, man up, and get the job done!
Old 03-15-2015, 11:41 AM   #37

Informative thread.
SecretCoveDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 12:12 PM   #38

I would understandably get upset with problems with my TT considering the expense and what you would expect with a new unit. I used be the kind of guy that would go off half cocked when I had a problem with a service or product and get even more pissed when I didn't get what I wanted. There is an old saying a friend told me: you can slide further on b*** s**** than you can sandpaper. If you are civil and nice to whoever you are talking to and are cooperative, you just may get what you want and more. Just my $.02.
klpoppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 12:27 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagwood View Post
You know I deal with RV Canada as stated before and as admitted they are far from perfect but there are usually two sides to every story. I definitely do not have the same issues that JohnsonR does but something is simply Not right here.

A person buys a trailer in May 2014 but comes out all guns a blazing in March the following year? Not only that, but the same vitrol is being spread on multiple sites.

So I did a search on RV Canada Complaints with the BBB, Better Business Bureau here in Canada. Alas.... There is always more that meets the eye.

JohnsonR, I can assure you as well, the Service Garage for RV Canada is outside of town so it's not a ploy by them to inconvenience you. Oh well, sounds like you have a scheduled appointment for May 2015 for your service at your convenience. Why are you still going off on this?

It seems to me that you may simply be a difficult sort of customer to deal with judged on what I've seen so far. Sometimes I find a little honey goes a long way in life
Well I learned something today......that a simple Google search can reveal BBB complaints.

Two sides to every story always....you have helped to make this a little more clear. Why a complaint on here now when the poster agreed to withhold repairs until May?

Thanks to you Dagwood I now know that I can do a simply Google search and find BBB complaints.

2013 F150 EXL Screw 5.0 4x4 3:55 locking ( not towing the above trailer with this truck)

Spending my children's inheritances on my toys!
sask934 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 12:36 PM   #40

Well I just checked the BBB from my dealer.....the had one complaint in the last 3 years which was a warranty issue and was Jayco's issue which was resolved.....That is why I bought locally and rave about my dealer. I can highly recommend this dealer in Regina!

Traveland Leisure Centre

Traveland RV

2013 F150 EXL Screw 5.0 4x4 3:55 locking ( not towing the above trailer with this truck)

Spending my children's inheritances on my toys!
sask934 is offline   Reply With Quote