Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-18-2016, 04:33 PM   #1
Site Team

Jayco outperforms the industry

Jayco outperforms the industry

In 2015, Jayco far exceeded the pace of the RV industry.
• Towables up 12.3% (industry 4.5)
• Fifth Wheels up 29.5% (industry -1.6%)
• Class C Motorhomes up 26.7% (industry 15.8%)
• Class A Motorhomes up 34% (industry .2%)

Jayco Outperforms Industry | Jayco, Inc.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 06:59 PM   #2

Old 02-18-2016, 07:17 PM   #3

Glad I could contribute.
King Bed with Java Interior, (2X) Yamaha EF2000isV2
2012 Ram 4500, 6.7L Cummins Turbo Diesel, MegaCab = "Hagrid"
8'x12' BMCM Stake Bed, Cabin Chassis, 2WD
360 degree Virtual Tour
Fairenatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 08:13 PM   #4

I'm glad they are doing well, but it still scares me a little. Can't help but notice the constant articles on business expansions, buy outs, mergers etc in the RV industry. I keep up with the market from all angles, follow manf, suppliers etc. It's come a long way since a few years ago.

It wasn't that long ago, maybe 2 years, I stood in the parking lot waiting for our crew change helicopter (going offshore), and made the comment, when this goes down, it's going to be extremely bad. The amount of people, the crazy amount of personnel transport companies, 3rd party companies and so on. It was just plain ridiculous. Sometimes things just seem too good. Some got too big for their britches. And as all know now, we see where we're at. It's going down, fast, and really bad.

Since the RV industry goes through cycles just like the oil industry does, or at least similar, it scares me a little to see so many getting so big, so fast. I realize they have to get it while the getting is good, but when it does go down, it'll be far worse than the recession I feel. I only hope Jayco manages things better than some, as we lost some of the best manufacturers of RVs not that long ago. Jayco is one of the few manufacturers I'll consider now a days, not only for a decent product, but because they are not owned / operated by LCI, Thor, Berkshire H. or any of the big outfits. If they ever went down, I'd be building my own.
2015 Jayco Jay Flight 28BHBE (#8)
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 08:34 PM   #5

We have seen many auto manufactures go belly up, as well. Pontiac, Oldsmobile, Saturn, Saab, Plymouth, Mercury, Hummer, etc.

I have to say, I do not think anyone really misses them. Sales pretty much drive the market in a free economy. At least RV manufacturers do not have any foreign competition...........yet.

IMO, the strong will survive and the weak will either get bought out or disappear.

Natural selection, so to speak. And, at least, buyers can make more informed decisions compared to a decade or two ago. Forums like these do have an influence, even if it is only among the ones who take the time to do their homework.

P.S. There is one company, Grand Design, that I would like to see get bigger. I almost bought one but due to limited floor plan selections, they lost out. I did like the quality I saw.
360 degree Virtual Tour
Old 02-18-2016, 11:00 PM   #6

Fairenatic replied:

P.S. There is one company, Grand Design, that I would like to see get bigger. I almost bought one but due to limited floor plan selections, they lost out. I did like the quality I saw.

We almost bought one of these as well. The seemed to be very well constructed and they had a rear bunk floor plan we liked. My issue was the decor. It wasn't very warm and a bit too contemporary for my taste.
Nukeneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 11:20 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukeneck View Post
Fairenatic replied:

We almost bought one of these as well. The seemed to be very well constructed and they had a rear bunk floor plan we liked. My issue was the decor. It wasn't very warm and a bit too contemporary for my taste.
The only other issue I had with them is that the manufacturer does not publish retail prices. So, when I went to comparison shop, the dealers had retail prices ALL over the place. Made it very difficult to shop them. Just created more confusion. I did not like that. But, I am sure that is what they intended.
360 degree Virtual Tour