Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-04-2015, 07:58 PM   #1

Jayco Plant Tour, Middleton, IN

The DW and I traveled to Middleton, IN for the Pinnacle plant tour, we enjoyed it very much. The tour began with a 10-minute video of the history of Jayco, then we boarded a trolley for a short ride from the vistor's center to the plant. We viewed the production of the Pinnacle 5'er, it takes four days to complete a unit, they complete 11 Pinnacle units per day. The property is huge, there are campers and motorhomes EVERYWHERE! I recommend the tour to anyone who lives a reasonable travel distance from the plant. The entire tour was 75 minutes.
2015 Jay Series 1007 UD (sold)

"Life is so very short, eat the dessert first".
eng45ine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 08:29 PM   #2

Middlebury Indiana, not Middleton.
HD Trailering Package with Integrated Brake Controller

Camping Couple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 08:50 PM   #3

Yep. We did the tour last June - 2 months ago.
The gentleman leading the tour was John, I believe. The same guy you see on the youtube video of them building a Jayco. It was very informative. Remember to bring close toed shoes. Although one woman did the tour in high heels! I'm not sure how she got up the stairs and back down without tripping. Remember that you have to call ahead or go online to register and reserve your spot on the tour. As others have said, if you are close, the tour is highly recommended.
dewey02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 10:27 PM   #4

Jayco has other plants around the country, but they do not tour there. I just bought my SLX 145RB which was made in the nearby Idaho plant. I asked, but management refused a tour there.
Homersimpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 10:41 PM   #5

How about driving in from Bellingham, Wa.. I was there in early June trying to order a J feather 25MB with only 1 rear Queen bed and outdoor kitchen. But it's not the standard and they haven't made one yet, maybe not till late fall so I should inquire then. I'm going to fly in mid Sept. And ask again if they'll do my special order at their leisure but at the present time their sooo busy I can hardly get my foot in the door. I'm glad " made in America "is doing well but it would be nice if they did some custom builds for us if they had a slow period. My present TT has been just about perfect and it's 5 years old so DD gets it for free if I can just put this construction project together .
Old 08-05-2015, 04:19 AM   #6

Yep...Middlebury....not Middleton!
2015 Jay Series 1007 UD (sold)

"Life is so very short, eat the dessert first".
eng45ine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 06:45 AM   #7
Site Team

We toured it years ago and I was astounded by the hundreds(it seemed) of popups in row and rows in one lot.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 07:12 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by norty1 View Post
We toured it years ago and I was astounded by the hundreds(it seemed) of popups in row and rows in one lot.
And everything you see is sold. Either to a dealer for stock or customer orders. JAYCO does not produce anything for factory inventory.
Old 08-05-2015, 07:18 AM   #9

Deliveries are 3 at a time, saw this as I left the plant.
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Old 08-05-2015, 07:20 AM   #10
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
And everything you see is sold. Either to a dealer for stock or customer orders. JAYCO does not produce anything for factory inventory.
Yes, I asked about that and that was the response. They don't make spec. units, all are spoken for before manufacture.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 08:39 PM   #11

Send a message via AIM to jaycojay Send a message via MSN to jaycojay
Quote:
Originally Posted by dewey02 View Post
Yep. We did the tour last June - 2 months ago.
The gentleman leading the tour was John, I believe. The same guy you see on the youtube video of them building a Jayco. It was very informative. Remember to bring close toed shoes. Although one woman did the tour in high heels! I'm not sure how she got up the stairs and back down without tripping. Remember that you have to call ahead or go online to register and reserve your spot on the tour. As others have said, if you are close, the tour is highly recommended.
That John McDonald.... he was working as a Customer Service Rep back when i had a water leak issue with my '99 Lite Hawk way back in 2001. He had the unit picked up at the dealer and brought back to the factory to have the complete floor changed, and when i got it home, i noticed cracking in the fiberglass on the door side wall..... so, he again got involved and had a complete left side of the trailer ordered, and was going to send a truck to my house in Ontario to tow it back to replace it. I was concerned about that outcome, so he had the top lady in Customer relations call me, to tell me Jayco would not stop until i was completely satisfied...... i never got to she would back that up, i traded it in on a new Jayflight, the first one around.....heck, they were probably building it when we did the plant tour whilepicking up our newly repaired Lite Hawk. John is one of the reasons i'm a loyal Jayco Owner!
jaycojay is offline   Reply With Quote