Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-10-2014, 07:10 PM   #21
We are generally pleased with our trailer. Several minor warranty issues that have been dealt with by in a positive and successful manner by our dealer. A couple of those issues I consider as QC and so give Jayco a 7 out 10 on QC and the dealer a 10 out 10 so far. A year left on the warranty!

2013 Ford Explorer 4WD, GVWR 6160, GCWR 10160, Max Tongue Wt 500#, Reese WD Hitch 66151
2012 Skylark 21FBV, GVWR 3500, New July 2013
N Scale Model Railroader
Amateur Photographer
Family History Researcher
Former Canoe Camper & Retired Airline Pilot
tjerrard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 07:22 PM   #22
We are on our 3rd Jayco trailer and have had a few minor issues with the trailer and one major issue (front and rear end cap oxidation) Would consider two of them QC issues a cabinet latch and a white thermostat when all the switches and outlets are black and others as infant mortality on an outside speaker, lighted keypad on the door, and some of the light bulbs. Our dealer has corrected all of them without question and they are the main reason we keep going back.

Craig & Terry in Tennessee
2013 Pinnacle 36 KPTS, Voyager Rear View Camera
2012 F350 CC LB King Ranch, 6.7L TD, Ford 25K hitch, TM TPMS, Diesel Site Coolant Filtration System

TNCraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 09:11 PM   #23
This is our first Jayco. The only problem we've had (but it's a big one) is the AC doesn't work. We are awaiting a part from the manufacturer and hopefully it will be fixed soon. But we are scheduled to head out for a five week vacation to a very hot climate. It it isn't fixed soon, we'll have to cancel.
Proud Yukoner
2010 Ford F-150 Supercrew Lariat
2016 Whitehawk 27 DSRL
2014 Jayflight 24FBS Elite (Sold)
ykcamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 01:35 PM   #24
Well.. I pointed out this particular thread to our rep at Jayco. If I hear anything, I will let you all know.

John LLRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 02:20 PM   #25
Good, tell them not to dispose of garbage above the thermal bottom cover. And don't leave out cabinet hinges. Or mount the water pump in a way that rattles the whole kitchen and bathroom wall. Or pinch the air mattress outlet plugs because the outlets are to low. Or use an inappropriate length cable from cd player to the tv that renders the swivel useless. Or forget to adjust the door so it can close without slamming. Or supply the correct battery the manual says group 31 and not smaller 24 (dealer issue) Or leave off screws so the brake wires are hanging low and almost got ripped off. And make a water tank system that can actually hold the water without siphoning it out the vents. And don't install black tank flush 3 inches from fresh water fill hole. And lubricate the windows so you can actually open them. And use brake light bulbs that can make it home from dealer without blowing out. And if you bolt the main battery cable circuit breaker to the frame and it cracks, replace it, don't just leave it. Probably more minor stuff I am forgetting but I try to just correct stuff as I find itand then try to forget it. Oh yeah, the radio quit working probably as a result of the short cable pulling on the harness. I had to solder a new end on one of the wires to fix that.
2013 33 RLDS
2004 Chevy Avalanche 2500 8.1
2007 TBSS
2001 Oldsmobile Aurora
2015 Chrysler 200C AWD
33 RLDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 02:55 PM   #26
We are very happy with our Jayco Skylark, but after two years of ownership we have noticed that there are some minor problems that are factory related. Specifically some of the exterior trim is attached in place with screws. I've noted that a few of these screws are rusting, leaving rust streaks down the side of the trailer. There are about 2 dozen of these screws and 3 or 4 are rusting the remaining screws are stainless steel and not rusting. Apparently some of the assembly personnel don't pay attention to what screws they are using and Jayco isn't aware that a zinc plated screw in contact with aluminum will rust very quickly. They need to eliminate steel screws from their floor stock or get them with a different head so that assembly personnel can't use the wrong type of screws on the exterior.
2011 Skylark 21FKV
us71na is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 04:14 PM   #27
Short answer-- Yes
I have found MANY screws that were missing or installed at angles screws are not supposed to be installed. If I worked on aircraft with the same amount of sloppiness and carelessness my Eagle was put together with, I'd be in jail right now. And I am not exaggerating one bit.
Here is one example. You might have to zoom in to see the crooked screw.
Click image for larger version

Name:	0625131730.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	98.1 KB
ID:	13480
To the credit of the dealer, they got me a trim cover like on the front arm to conceal the unsightly screw. Once a screw is put in crooked, there is no undoing it. Covering it up was my best option.
FAA A&P mechanic, ex-RV dealer parts dept
Retired B-52 Gunner/Flight Examiner, B-52 Crew Chief

2016 Jayco Eagle HT 29.5 FBDS w/ 15,000 BTU AC, 50 amp service, upgraded counter top, thermal pane windows, elec. stab jacks, outside grill, backup camera and MORryde pin box.
Tail_gunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 05:16 PM   #28
Site Team
Issues during 4 2/3 years of ownership:

One bad compression washer under the sink which I replaced.
One defective toilet valve module of which Thetford sent me one at no charge, replaced it myself.

2004 Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab 6.0l, 4.10r

2010 Jayco Jayflight 28BHS
Reese Strait Line with Dual Cam
P3 Brk controller
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 06:27 PM   #29

I would love to say that we are completely happy with our first Jayco but I can't lie! We have had many issues which are still unresolved and our warranty is up. Our 2012 Eagle has been to the dealer(s) several times with the same issues and they call us up and tell us it's fixed and it isn't! I have come to the conclusion that we will never get these ( sewer gas smell, loud squeak in floor, bad gas regulator, crimped gas hose, bubbling of fiberglass on cargo door) fixed because of a dealer (CW) who doesn't care and a manufacturer who should have a better QC dept! Our FW has been at the dealer for over 12 weeks so far this year. We have only used it one time in 2014! To say we are frustrated is an over-statement!
jeffc1157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 04:06 PM   #30
Have a 2014 Eagle 338RLTS - traded a 2007 Jay Flight 29BHS. Love the Eagle; however, are questioning Jayco's quality. Had to replace the roof on the Jay Flight. It was done under warranty. No other significant problems.

The 2014 338RLTS has had several issues:

Major issues - the cabinet doors (washer/dryer) are so tight that they must be closed together or they overlap a little. Tried to adjust but can't adjust enough to make it work properly. The biggest issue is the kitchen/dining room floor squeaks like an old house. Camper is parked in permanent site and dealer is many hours away. Tried re-leveling, removed all jacks and re-leveled again, still squeaks. Last couple of weeks the squeaking area is expanding. Also have a cracking sound in floor when stepping from bedroom to bathroom and back.

Other issues - Bad screw in outlet above counter - the damaged screw should never have been put in in the first place and outlet was loose and came out when unplugged the coffee maker the first time; both shower faucets have "H" for hot - dealer sent replacement parts and I fixed them.

Also have screws that hold the awning frame in at an angle and one screw is in the large hole in the awning frame, holding nothing. Very sloppy.

One of the two lights above the table continues to quit working. Must pop the lens off and wiggle the bulb every time we turn the light on.

Bathroom sink - the lip that the plug rests on is paper thin and broke off. Dealer says Jayco had a bad batch of sinks for several years and has now changed providers. Remedy for us - purchase a screen to put in the drain when using the sink and want water to flow out. Use the plug when want to accumulate water in the sink - Jayco is NOT replacing the sinks.

Screen door had many scratches and was warped. Worked with dealer and when I was unable to to spring the door so it would close and seal, dealer arranged to send a new door.

Some windows are so tight that extreme force must be applied to open and close. Screen in one bedroom window is too short for opening, leaving ~ 1/4 inch gap for bugs to enter.

Very disappointed! When we purchased our new camper we only looked at Jayco because of Jayco's reputation and our previous experience. We expected a relatively trouble free experience by purchasing an Eagle. Dealer has been great, but we're so far away that it's not practical to return the unit for repairs. In addition, because we're on a permanent site and the site setup, it's very difficult to move the camper off the site.

Eagle2014 is offline   Reply With Quote