Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-04-2012, 03:29 PM   #11
Originally Posted by cekkk View Post
That was enough for me, and I'll never consider giving that outfit any of my money. I think a service department's willingness to do the work is far more important than whether they are required to do so.
110% Yes!

2013 F-350 CC SB 2WD 6.7PS
2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS
-SOLD- 2012 X23B
-SOLD- 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4, Bilstein shocks
RedHorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 02:04 PM   #12
It goes both ways, the dealer is supporting the customers that support them. I am sure that they have enough work that if they took more work to the point it compromises their ablitly to take care of their existing clientelle. I would rather turn away a customer that hasnt spent a dime with me than one that has spent 10's of 1000's. Now in "Most" of North America you have a short camping season 3-6 months. So you have small window to make or break your earning season. If you get the reputation of no after sales service - well that can kill a dealer too. They absolutly can do warranty on product not sold at that store (with in the brands they are a dealer for). As some one said - in the off season when things are slower sure he'll have time to look at it.

PhyerPhyter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 02:10 PM   #13
As far as the OP comments are concerned. It looks like Jayco realises that safety comes first and dealing with brakes you dont always have the option of getting to a Jayco dealer for repair. Very likely the bill that was sent in for reimbursement was reasonable for the work that was performed. Nice to see that Jayco takes the high road in circumstances like this.
PhyerPhyter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 10:03 PM   #14
I have to say that Jayco has stood behind their product on MOST issues we have experienced. Saddly, there have been LOTS of issues. The bubbles in the slide will just have to stay there as we won't be staying in a motel for days while it is being fixed. We have recently noticed rub marks on the kitchen floor and the dealer thinks there is a broken weld in the edge of the slide but they are not equiped to deal with that. We think the slide is ok but is not retracting all the way in on the forward edge.

2011 Eagle 330RLTS with just about every option.
Dodge SRW 1 ton Cummins powered.

I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote