Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-07-2017, 03:55 PM   #1

Jayco warranty issue

We just bought a 2018 Northpoint and are out on our first vacation in it at Myrtle Beach. Wednesday night we were sitting out and the awning arm broke. There was no wind at all at the time. We called jayco and they authorized a mobile repair guy to come out and at least get us mobile to go home. The guy had a new arm to possible repair it. Jayco wanted us to send over the repair estimate before giving authorization. That was this morning. We have not heard anything from them since after many attempts to contact them. Now they are closed and we have to get it fixed so we can get home[emoji35][emoji36] can anyone advise me if they think jayco will pay? It is definitely a warranty issue as the repair guy said there was no bolts in the arm where the pressure was causing it to break. Now we are stuck with a $900 bill BC the motor broke too. And have to pay jayco covers it. Can anyone advise?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ashfamilyof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 04:08 PM   #2

It should not be a problem getting reimbursed, just reference who you talked to when you send the bill in.
Old 07-07-2017, 04:14 PM   #3

They covered ours under warranty. DW was putting awning in and the arm just went sideways and she didn't notice...no wind what so ever. I didn't have mobile service tho...I just took off the awning and put it in the truck bed. Dealership fixed under warranty with Jayco's ok.
Old 07-07-2017, 07:03 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookemdanno View Post
They covered ours under warranty. DW was putting awning in and the arm just went sideways and she didn't notice...no wind what so ever. I didn't have mobile service tho...I just took off the awning and put it in the truck bed. Dealership fixed under warranty with Jayco's ok.
This is good to know. I was worried they would give me problems as it's a decent bill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ashfamilyof3 is offline   Reply With Quote