Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-28-2013, 11:30 AM   #1

Jayco Warranty Work - Dealers

We are considering selling our hybrid and buying a new leftover 2013 Jayco White Hawk from RV Direct in Albany. Our biggest concern is having warranty work done. The camper will be in Cape Cod MA and I don't see any Jayco dealers in or around the Cape. Would I be able to have someone else do the warranty work? We bought from RV Direct before but never needed to have work done. This would be a bigger camper, so we would have more money invested.

Opinions please!!
safetylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 11:37 AM   #2
Site Team

We purchased our 2013 Eagle 284BHS from an Internet dealer (RV Express) located in Calif. Picked it up from a dealer in Indiana, about 1 mile from Jayco's mfg plant. Since then we have had warranty work done at 2 different dealers with no issues at all. Both are in Florida.
Don
Mustang65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 12:01 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

There are Jayco authorized, (non-Jayco) RV dealers and RV service centers that can perform Jayco warranty service claims. I would contact Jayco and see if they can identify some authorized facilities in your area.

Bob

2016 GM 2500HD 6.0L/4.10
2018 Jay Flight 24RBS
2002 GM 2500HD 6.0L/4:10 (retired)
2005 Jayco Eagle 278FBS (retired)
1999 Jayco Eagle 246FB (retired)
Reese HP Dual Cam (Strait-Line)
Rustic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 04:21 PM   #4

We bought from RV Direct in Orlando FL, we have had warranty work done on the road with no problems.

We have never been back to RV Direct in Orlando as we are always somewhere else when we need warranty work (we have not needed much warranty work, mostly minor items).
Rob_Fla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 07:26 PM   #5

safetylady, if you do contact Jayco, I would be interested in what they tell you.
Edit: I'm a long way from my dealer, and will be for some time.
OnTheGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 04:35 AM   #6

The closest Jayco dealer, Forrest Marine & RV, is on the MA/NH border near Nashua, NH - depending on where you are on the Cape, ~125 miles, but it's an easy ride up RT 3. They are a 75 mile ride for us from Duxbury, MA. We are very happy with Forrest...
robkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 08:38 AM   #7

I can't tell you about the warranty issue, but Major's RV in Bourne is probably the best service center in the area and are not a dealer for anyone. You might contact them and see what they have to say about service under warranty.

If you have an issue with a component, like the fridge, the warranty would ultimately be with the maker and an independent service center might be able to work directly with them.

John & Nancy
Jay Feather 25Z 2007
Ford F-150 XLT 5.4 Triton 2008
TeamFoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 06:33 PM   #8

Send a message via Yahoo to mwebber78
Jayco is the most difficult non-Jayco warranty repair company I've dealt with. Jayco is adamant that any work be performed by their network under their terms.... I have had warranty work done by a RV repair shop but it took Jayco and RVDirect between 5-7 months to reimburse the expenses I paid to me. Also, RVDirect talks a good game but their warranty support sucks, no nice way to put it. If you live in MA I suggest you try Forrest RV for sales. I regret not buying from them.
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 06:56 PM   #9

Have to say that we bought our 25z used, after the warranty had expired. I've taken care of the few issues that came up myself.

I kind of dread going to a dealer of new RV's for anything. I'm fortunate to have Indian River RV at home and to have found Major's on Cape Cod when we go there in the summer.

John & Nancy
Jay Feather 25Z 2007
Ford F-150 XLT 5.4 Triton 2008
TeamFoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 08:42 PM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwebber78 View Post
snip....... Jayco is adamant that any work be performed by their network under their terms.....snip
Wow, I've found just the opposite to be true. There are a couple independent RV service facilities here in Michigan that our family have used in the past for Jayco warranty service claims, no problems.

Bob

2016 GM 2500HD 6.0L/4.10
2018 Jay Flight 24RBS
2002 GM 2500HD 6.0L/4:10 (retired)
2005 Jayco Eagle 278FBS (retired)
1999 Jayco Eagle 246FB (retired)
Reese HP Dual Cam (Strait-Line)
Rustic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 08:53 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustic Eagle View Post
Wow, I've found just the opposite to be true. There are a couple independent RV service facilities here in Michigan that our family have used in the past for Jayco warranty service claims, no problems.

Bob
Makes me wonder if RVDirect was the "stick in the mud" and not Jayco.
Old 12-29-2013, 11:41 PM   #12

Quote:
Jayco is the most difficult non-Jayco warranty repair company I've dealt with. Jayco is adamant that any work be performed by their network under their terms.... I have had warranty work done by a RV repair shop but it took Jayco and RVDirect between 5-7 months to reimburse the expenses I paid to me. Also, RVDirect talks a good game but their warranty support sucks, no nice way to put it. If you live in MA I suggest you try Forrest RV for sales. I regret not buying from them.
5-7 months would be a very long time, from what I understand its typical for a mfg to reimburse labor around 90 days...still a long time but that's the industry.
2012 Jay Flight 26BH (Sold)
clubhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 09:09 AM   #13

It's definitely RVDirect but also Jayco. While I have NO issues getting work approved the repayment process is long. The 5 month time was Jayco, I bypassed RVDirect and called Jayco about my claim and they verified they were "busy"....

Also, it was definitely Jayco when my electronic door lock failed, locked us in the trailer, and had to be busted to let us out. Jayco refused to send me a part directly without a Jayco dealer looking at it or me paying a non-Jayco dealer to evaluate. I would have needed to duct tape or wire the door shut to move the unit. I ended up calling the manufacturer of the door lock who shipped a part to me in two days with a return label. If this would've been my previous Forest River, they would have taken a credit card number and sent a replacement with a return label.

Yes, my Jayco is well built for the most part but in the future I would not buy from RVDirect and I would evaluate my previous customer service experiences with Jayco. My Forest River only had a one year warranty but they bent over backwards on any issue and it never once had to visit an actual dealership. So far on this Jayco, I've had a tear in the linoleum, slides out of adjustment, sloppy finish work (actual trim pieces missing...) and various other Jayco issues.

I'm not new to RV ownership and I've previously owned a Jayco pop up and hybrid - Jayco service, IMHO, isn't on par with some of its peers where in the past they stood way above others.
Old 12-30-2013, 10:40 AM   #14

I've only had one warranty issue with our X23B which was a defective stereo. I called Jayco and they wanted me to take it to a dealer. I didn't really want to do that and after a little discussion the fellow asked if I was comfortable replacing it myself. It showed up on my doorstep a few days later. They asked that I return the defective unit and put the receipt for the return shipping in the box as well so they could refund that as well. I forgot to put the receipt in the box and they called me about a week later to ask about the return shipping costs. The receipt was long gone and I vaguely remembered it being about $25. He asked if he could send a check for the $25 which showed up a week or so later.
Our TT being such a simple one I was comfortable purchasing through RV Direct and not worrying too much about warranty service since I'm a reasonably handy guy. Our next TT (we're shopping now) will be a 5er and I'm thinking about buying it locally to insure I won't have issues getting it worked on if needed.

2013 F-350 CC SB 2WD 6.7PS
2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS
-SOLD- 2012 X23B
-SOLD- 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4, Bilstein shocks
RedHorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 11:29 AM   #15

Location: Burson, CA In the foothills of the Sierra Nevada Mts.
Quote:
It's definitely RVDirect but also Jayco. While I have NO issues getting work approved the repayment process is long. The 5 month time was Jayco, I bypassed RVDirect and called Jayco about my claim and they verified they were "busy"....

Also, it was definitely Jayco when my electronic door lock failed, locked us in the trailer, and had to be busted to let us out. Jayco refused to send me a part directly without a Jayco dealer looking at it or me paying a non-Jayco dealer to evaluate. I would have needed to duct tape or wire the door shut to move the unit. I ended up calling the manufacturer of the door lock who shipped a part to me in two days with a return label. If this would've been my previous Forest River, they would have taken a credit card number and sent a replacement with a return label.

Yes, my Jayco is well built for the most part but in the future I would not buy from RVDirect and I would evaluate my previous customer service experiences with Jayco. My Forest River only had a one year warranty but they bent over backwards on any issue and it never once had to visit an actual dealership. So far on this Jayco, I've had a tear in the linoleum, slides out of adjustment, sloppy finish work (actual trim pieces missing...) and various other Jayco issues.

I'm not new to RV ownership and I've previously owned a Jayco pop up and hybrid - Jayco service, IMHO, isn't on par with some of its peers where in the past they stood way above others.

Our experience has been quite the opposite. While I have had a few warranty issues on our unit I have found Jayco to be very accommodating and the reimbursement of out of pocket costs to be paid in a very reasonable time. Our trailer just went out of warranty so now it is all on us but I think the unit is great and Jayco is a good brand to own.

Steve

Steve, Berne and Rascal
2012 Jayco 31.5 RLTS
2007 F250 Powerstroke
Panhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 03:43 PM   #16

Glad they have satisfied your needs - based on friends with units they are hit or miss. I think a lot depends on the dealer, too.
Old 01-01-2014, 08:03 PM   #17

Location: Burson, CA In the foothills of the Sierra Nevada Mts.
Quote:
Glad they have satisfied your needs - based on friends with units they are hit or miss. I think a lot depends on the dealer, too.
Our local dealer has a terrible shop, they have screwed up as much as they fixed. The last warranty work was done by another "local" dealer who does not sell Jayco in this area but has a location in Gilroy Calif that does sell Jayco and they did a great job. The local Jayco dealer will NEVER see this trailer again.

Steve

Steve, Berne and Rascal
2012 Jayco 31.5 RLTS
2007 F250 Powerstroke
Panhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 08:46 PM   #18
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panhead View Post
Our local dealer has a terrible shop, they have screwed up as much as they fixed. The last warranty work was done by another "local" dealer who does not sell Jayco in this area but has a location in Gilroy Calif that does sell Jayco and they did a great job. The local Jayco dealer will NEVER see this trailer again.

Steve
This is a good point. Just because a dealer is local, does not mean they are good.....
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote