Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-20-2017, 12:26 PM   #1

Jayco was a good investment by Thor

I came across this article about Thor's record breaking financial results. A big part of heavy numbers are related to the Jayco acquisition. The Jayco division is a money maker for Thor.

Now imagine if they could bring up the quality of their rigs to where it should be before pushing them out the door?.. Nah, I guess as long as there are record breaking sales, the QA will continue to be sub par. Good news for them means bad news for quality improvements IMO.

http://www.elkharttruth.com/hometown...f98a1885c.html
Old 04-20-2017, 12:36 PM   #2
Site Team

I guess the more things change, the more they stay the same. At least the employees are still working. Seems every time there's a change in ownership in a business, moral drops, and rumors start, which raises stress.

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 12:37 PM   #3

Jayco was a good investment by Thor

Like any corporation it's about numbers. I know I picked my Jayco because of price point. There was another fifth wheel with similar layout with much higher build quality in the mix, but the cost vs quality argument went to a win for cost since it's an occasional use RV. If they push up quality they either have to be happy with less profit (unlikely) or push up price. The sales volume I'm sure would drop fairly quickly compared to their competitors if they changed their price point.

Honestly if you want to go for high quality it's going to be by buying at a much higher price point, not from the charity of a corporation just opting to cut into their profits to be nice. Having had a few brands of RVs I don't see Jayco as the company that is singled out as poor quality control.