Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-26-2015, 10:35 AM   #1

JayFlight 23MB

Im considering purchasing my first travel trailer and looking at the 23MB. Does anyone here own one or have any experience with it? What can you tell me - good bad or indifferent. Thanks in advance!

Josh
jfpotts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 12:12 PM   #2

I have the 23rb and I like it very well just for me and my wife with the ocassional grand children. Whichever floor plan suits you best is fine. They are much the same.
Old 06-26-2015, 12:20 PM   #3

We had a 23MB for a short time. It seemed good size, until we put our family of 5 and 2 dogs! The murphy bed is a great idea. Two things we added were a towl rack and folding extension to the right side of the kitchen counter. We had no complaints. Just wanted to upgrade while we had an opportunity. If you have questions, please let me know!
Pcschwenke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 12:25 PM   #4

deleted by author
dewey02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 12:26 PM   #5

duplicate deleted by author
Old 06-26-2015, 07:06 PM   #6

Selling Price?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pcschwenke View Post
We had a 23MB for a short time. It seemed good size, until we put our family of 5 and 2 dogs! The murphy bed is a great idea. Two things we added were a towl rack and folding extension to the right side of the kitchen counter. We had no complaints. Just wanted to upgrade while we had an opportunity. If you have questions, please let me know!
If you dont mind me asking, how much did you end up paying for your unit? Dealer is down to 17980 now but Im looking to take him lower...$14500 if I can. Am I asking too much?
jfpotts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 07:41 PM   #7

We were just under $17 with a hitch. When we traded it in, we saw the original invoice which around $13k. You may get the dealer down, but it may not be too much less than the asking price though. It's a great trailer, the issues we had were the 90 degree latch for the door (broke first day) and lack of space. The latch is what upset me the most. The latch is plastic and it's hard to tell if it's latched from the door side. We ended up using a bungee cord and swimming noodle between the door and awning. I'd use this as a reason to lower the price. We didn't realize this until after we signed the papers...
Old 06-26-2015, 07:45 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pcschwenke View Post
We were just under $17 with a hitch. When we traded it in, we saw the original invoice which around $13k. You may get the dealer down, but it may not be too much less than the asking price though. It's a great trailer, the issues we had were the 90 degree latch for the door (broke first day) and lack of space. The latch is what upset me the most. The latch is plastic and it's hard to tell if it's latched from the door side. We ended up using a bungee cord and swimming noodle between the door and awning. I'd use this as a reason to lower the price. We didn't realize this until after we signed the papers...
Are you talking about the air gun that holds the door out at 90 degrees? Or the actual latch that closes and locks the door?

Our air gun broke after about a year and we use a bungi cord to hold it open and we actually PREFER the bunji cord. I never liked that door hanging open at 90 degrees, and with the bunji it opens to almost 180 degrees with the canopy retracted, and something like 130 degrees with the canopy open. We just bungi it to the canopy support bar and it stays good and tight.
Old 06-26-2015, 07:52 PM   #9

FYI- this trailer pulls amazing with my 1/2 ton RAM truck!
Old 06-26-2015, 08:06 PM   #10

The latch is what broke.