Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-15-2015, 12:50 PM   #21

I spent a lot of money this past summer as well, used dollar store and garage sales for many items . I Look for sales as well. I still have a few items on my wish list but did manage to find great deals this winter on many of them. I have two vent covers to install that I bought last year still!

We are all set for this coming camping season other then moving our trailer to a better site within our seasonal campgrounds....we will have several large trees and shade!

2013 F150 EXL Screw 5.0 4x4 3:55 locking ( not towing the above trailer with this truck)

Spending my children's inheritances on my toys!
sask934 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 04:35 PM   #22

We are doing the same thing. Bottle jack, lug nut socket, TV with DVD player,outside mat,inside rugs,coffee pot,water hoses, sewer hose, water filter, water elbow,torque wrench, new battery,good sam membership, conditioned the roof with cleaner and sealer and caulking, fuses, towels, tool set, leveling blocks, surge protector, toilet wand,clear elbow,smoke alarm battery,plates silverware,built a top for stove for counterspace,coffee pot, towing mirrors, friction sway bar, waxes, screen cover for furnace to keep bugs out, screen cover for fridge vents, need a grease gun, AND we have not left the driveway yet! oh yes and I had 30 amp service put on side of house.
Tommyboy57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 04:42 PM   #23

I hear ya!! I've spent money to downsize. That doesn't seem right, does it? I bought nesting cookware, collapsible dish drainer and other collapsible items. I've changed out heavier items for lighter versions. Who knew it would be expensive to downsize and lighten your load?? LOL!!

It's all fine and dandy until someone's marshmallow catches fire!!

https://www.5thwheelgypsy.blogspot.com
5thwheelgypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 05:24 PM   #24

Well for me most of the stuff we already had transferred from old tt to new one ... Except of course those decorating necessities that the wife deemed necessary lol... Did decide to design some bedside nightstands for books and water to sit in and a side table to go in between the recliners that wasn't to big, too heavy and folded down for storage. Now all I have project wise is to try to figure out what to do with the washer hookups in our bedroom closet to make them functional for winterizing with easy access but also not stick out like a sore thumb lol pics to come
Old 03-15-2015, 08:16 PM   #25

Added some more money this afternoon.... And the list keeps going on... Ready for our first outing this Friday!!
Swinepartner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 09:30 PM   #26

Well we are no different than the rest, we sold our old 5'r last June and stored all the stuff in the box of the TV in back garage, the new unit is at the dealer now, going to do the walk thru this week, so hope to be loading all the equipment from last unit plus all the new stuff from all the shows we attended this spring. Our last unit spent 6 years on a seasonal lake lot, so we pushed out the slides in April and only had to bring out food when needed. The lot was only 30 min from home, if the weather got nasty, we just headed home. We plan on traveling a few years on the road with the new one, now that the kids won't be joining us.....here's to new adventures
68 Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 09:58 PM   #27

………………..That is half the fun..I love buying gadgets!
====Right on! Glad we got ours in Jan. rather than waiting till spring. We've been stocking it, reloading stuff from the old TT, and adding gadgets. Glad I had something to do during this miserable winter we've had! got our first trip planned to N.C. in May, and another 3 weeks in June. Really looking forward to getting ont he road again.
2015 F250 Super duty 6.2L full trailering pkg.
Loris, South Carolina.
rryman is offline   Reply With Quote