Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-17-2016, 06:13 AM   #1

Just needed to say this

Hello all,just wanted to pass this on,this happened to my wife and I .

Let me say this, my wife and I where in Angleton Texas a week or so back, on our motorcycle, we are older folks and not in to hot rodding,just going for a nice ride,well this Jacked up dodge or Ford white four door dulley,pulled in front of us off a side street and smoked us (Rolling coal) we could not see, several people seen that,we all pulled up to the light and this guy was laughing very hard thought it was real funny,first off we could not see,the attack was unprovoked from us, we have a Diesel truck and would never do this to a vehicle,

What has happed to any respect at all ????? I understand that soon there will be a law in Texas that will come with a $ 5000 fine for( Rolling Coal)
sorry if any one here does this and you are Offended.......

OK Rant over ! Thanks Back to Camping !

herewego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 06:21 AM   #2

Immaturity is the main cause of that kinda behavior. Glad to hear no one was hurt.

2002 Coleman Bayside Elite (traded)
Me, Momma and Charles (RIP buddy)
And introducing Sofie!! ;)
TWP723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 07:07 AM   #3

There is an overall lack of respect in this country that has evolved over time. We are raising a generation of spoiled, entitled brats who not only have no respect for anyone including themselves.

The lack of respect drives the attitude we are seeing towards authority and will eventually lead us to a collapse of epic proportions. I did 27 years in law enforcement and fear for my brothers and sisters still active.

Buckle up folks we let it happen and it may be too late to stop it...

2016 Jayco 28BHBE - Progressive Industries EMS-HW30C

Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 07:14 AM   #4

I don't know if the current generation is any different than others. I remember my father saying the anti-Vietnam war kids in the 60's were going to cause the end of America as we know it. "They don't respect America" I remember him saying. I wonder how many of those kids that my father thought didn't respect America and would cause it to be destroyed are now RVers with flags on their rigs going across America and teaching their grandkids to respect it?

My point is, I guess, that there will always be idiots and age does not have monopoly on whether or not you are disrespectful or not. Driving down the road in my RV at 65 MPH I have been flipped off by pretty much every age level.
Old 08-17-2016, 08:21 AM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimHolt View Post
My point is, I guess, that there will always be idiots and age does not have monopoly on whether or not you are disrespectful or not. Driving down the road in my RV at 65 MPH I have been flipped off by pretty much every age level.
Just laugh and think, they are just jealous!

Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try:Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 08:25 AM   #6
Site Team

An item in our local paper points this lack of respect. Two mens car was stuck in a ditch here yesterday and a good Samaritan came along and offered to help. After assisting in getting them out, they shot him multiple times in the chest and left.

He died and both creeps were caught.

Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try:Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 08:28 AM   #7

A dash or helmet cam video with all the necessary details, including the laughing driver, forwarded to local law enforcement (preferably motorcycle unit if there is one) would probably discourage this behavior.

2010 Ford F150 XLT 5.4 Maxtow, Coverking Seat Covers, Putco LED interiors, Kenwood DNX571TR GPS, Kicker Powerstage, Weathertech Floor Mats and Window Vents, Line-X, Firestone Airbags, Michelin LTX-MS2, LivewireTS 5 Star tuned, Propride 3P
Ottawasteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 08:32 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcm157 View Post
There is an overall lack of respect in this country that has evolved over time. We are raising a generation of spoiled, entitled brats who not only have no respect for anyone including themselves.

The lack of respect drives the attitude we are seeing towards authority and will eventually lead us to a collapse of epic proportions. I did 27 years in law enforcement and fear for my brothers and sisters still active.

Buckle up folks we let it happen and it may be too late to stop it...
And yet a lot of politicians preach entitlements, free cell phones, free college, free this free that etc. etc.

I'll just leave it at that.....
Gerard
glsimms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 08:55 AM   #9

"rolling coal" is just silly. I guess my ego is too small to understand why someone would do that. Along with loud exhaust, loud stereos, flashy vehicles, etc. I guess I just don't see why someone would want to go to the effort and spend the money to do that.

BTW, I'm a member of the "entitled" generation you speak of, and I can assure you that it's not "generational". Every generation has said the next one will be the ruin of the world, and we're still here. I think it's more societal than anything else. I bet I've seen at least as many or more a-holes collecting social security retirement as I have collecting social security disability or medicaid (or any other "entitlement").

TimHolt is absolutely right when he said "age does not have a monopoly" on a person's level of respect. There are disrespectful people of every age class. One thing I will not do is allow their behavior to define me or my behavior. And I will raise my son that way as well.

2014 Jay Flight 28 BHBE
2015 RAM 2500 6.4L HEMI, Tradesman 4x4, 3.73
Blue Ox SwayPro (BXW 1503)

Upgraded from an REI internal frame backpack and a Eureka 1/2 dome tent!
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 10:35 AM   #10

Kids learn what parents teach them.

parents are not teaching ACCOUNTABILITY like they should be either.
When I go to schools to work on printers. I am shocked at some of the things I hear kids saying to teachers!

2012 Ford Expedition EL
2016 28BHBE, Surge Guard 34830
2012 26BH (Traded)
2002 Prowler Lynx (totaled due to tire blowout)
RAurand is offline   Reply With Quote