Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-14-2014, 09:43 AM   #1

Leaking in under storage

So Ive had my new 19XUD home for 2 days, and for the last 2 days it has rained cats and dogs. I went out this morning and found in my under storage compartment a puddle of water where it has leaked around the seal. Ive gotten it all cleaned and dried and thankfully the rain has stopped for now. Im assuming this would be a warranty issue as its only 3 days old? Any ideas on what I might be able to do to stop it if the rain starts up again?

Thanks!
Old 07-14-2014, 04:00 PM   #2

Let your warranty work for you....

In the meantime I'd just tape a trash bag over the access door.

Good Luck!
Threebutchers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 04:31 PM   #3

Certainly should be warranty item.

Further, if your dealer is capable, I would also ask that a pressure test be performed to find other seal issues. Jayco may push back, but I would insist if they have one failure in 3 days, presumably due to mfg issues, there potentially is more and you want to know now.

Even if they won't cover the pressure test -- maybe the dealer will cut you a deal on one -- you pay for it then turn in any issues to Jayco as warranty since seals and caulking are only covered for 90 days.

If I even buy a new unit again -- the pressue test will be negotiated into the sale. I saw someone else recommend this once and it was like a light bulb went off -- WE SHOULD ALL DO THIS ON NEW UNITS, then turn into warranty the required repairs. It sad that you should have to, but this IMO is worth way more than any extended warranty would be worth.
2012 Jay Flight 26BH (Sold)
clubhouse is offline   Reply With Quote