Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-05-2015, 06:08 AM   #1

Leaking shower

So, second weekend of camping and first problem. Have 5 of us in camper and shower time starts. After 2nd shower of night, we notice water on floor next to bunks, outside of bathroom. We have a 28BHBE...so I investigate and see water along shower stall wall under sliding shower door and running behind toilet. I think someone didn't close door good enough, wipe up floor and press on. After 3rd shower next am, more water on floor so I take off small access panel to shower pan area and feel around, and yep, water behind short wall and under shower pan. Drain line seems dry, and silicone sealant in door tracks seems ok, but not sure. Water is not all that bad and we are only camping for 2 nights. So, I'll be calling my dealer for a visit. Good news is we don't need the camper back for about 2 mths, so they should have plent of time to fix. And yes, I've looked u see trailer for external leaking, and nothing as of yet. I'm figuring some sealant around shower pan might have gotten loose.
Swinepartner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 07:12 AM   #2

You sure your gray tank is not full and overflowing?
93/2020,157/2019219/2018 206/2017,215/2016, 211/2015, 196/14, 247/13, 193/12

Seann45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 07:39 AM   #3

I had a similar issue different model. What caused mine was a lack of caulking around the shower faucet. Water was running down the wall going behind the faucet and unto the floor under the tub. Hope this helps.
No TV since Tundra can't do it

krackeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 08:03 AM   #4

[QUOTE=Swinepartner; I'll be calling my dealer for a visit. Good news is we don't need the camper back for about 2 mths.[/QUOTE]

Swinepartner do yourself a favor and don't tell the dealer you won't need it for 2 months. He'll put it on the back burner and let it sit.. Tell him you need it back in 2 maybe 3 weeks.
US Army
VN.71-72
RickAE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 11:09 AM   #5

A very slight but on-topic hi-jack to this "Leaking Shower" thread for those (like me) with a tub/shower-curtain AND experiencing water leaking onto the floor - I just ordered Shower Splash Guards to see if this reduces the problem (keeping fingers crossed).

Genealogy Community Social Group Moderator
Hattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 06:01 PM   #6

Thanks for the info... Grey water was dumped and was still leaking. I took mine this am w/empty grey water and water started leaking through about 5 min after water was shut off. And not sure even if grey was full, why was floor wet behind the wall??

And, after more looking, the storage area under bottom bunk, behind shower wall, the floor was dry. And I did look closer under trailer and did see where it looks like under pinning was catching the water as I could push up on it and felt what seems like resistance.
Swinepartner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 08:24 PM   #7

Do you have the tub/shower combo with glass doors that slide closed.I had 2 issues with mine and that is the type I had.First issue was wife and kid showered first and neither noticed the diverter was leaking the entire time they were showering,if you twist that thing at all while showering it comes loose and leaks.i tightened and cleaned up water.next day same issue,water on the floor coming out the door,but under the shower was dry.I looked into it and jayco neglected to properly caulk the shower correctly,there was a dab of caulk on the outside corner and the water was running down the rails and leaking out the corners to the outside instead of running thru the drains in the channel into the tub.Point of my long story here was had to take it to dealer and they took the lower rail out and properly caulked and the verified no leaks as I did also when I picked it up.So look there

2015 Jayco Eagle Premier 314BHDS

IBEW local 94 Electrical Worker
314BHDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 08:57 AM   #8

Had this issue with our 2014 White Hawk 27DSRL. Tried a couple of things, but the fix ended up being caulking around the shower panels. There's a little clear gasket around these panels, but it doesn't get the job done, at least it didn't in our case. I bought some caulk which dries clear, caulked around the edges of the gasket where it meets the panel and it looks great and solved our problem 100%.

Cheers,
Greg
Pappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 11:39 AM   #9

Had almost same problem. The shower faucet seemed a little loose, so I removed the diverter access panel, and tightened up those two skinny nuts that attach faucet to wall. If they are even a little loose, the caulking will only pull loose with use.
arkhillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 11:51 AM   #10

I have a 2014 28BHBE, but I don't have a leak.

I've heard of the shower drains leaking though. Almost like the installer meant to go back and tighten them up and didn't, then they leak. That would probably be my first check after making sure water wasn't leaking through the door.

Beyond that, I would think it would have to be something on the outside. If you think about it, you have a shower surround right? So if it's not leaking at the diverter, and it's not leaking at the door, then all that's left is the water lines coming into the shower or the drain. Only other possibility could be leaking through some of the push rivets that hold the shower surround in place, but even if one were missing and wide open, it wouldn't leak enough water to make a puddle, and it would be VERY obvious.

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
-2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JLU) (Primary Toad)
-1994 Jeep Wrangler YJ (Secondary Toad)
-2014 Jay Flight 28BHBE & Ram 2500 6.4L CC 4x4 (sold)
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 12:25 PM   #11

On our first outing with our new 26BHS, I thought we had a shower leak because my wife noticed water on the floor after taking a shower. After checking all the shower connections with no signs of a leak, I checked the toilette. The water line to the toilette was loose and dripping. Might check your toilette since you said there was water around it. Maybe it started at the toilette and not at the shower.

Note: we didn't notice any water on the floor before taking a shower on the second day. Almost like it didn't start to leak until taking a shower. Not sure why.

ddrueckh is offline   Reply With Quote