Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-15-2011, 06:28 PM   #1

Unhappy Leaks, Leaks, Leaks

We purchased a previously titled, but never used, 2010 33 RLDS GT trailer. We have it parked on our property in central Wisconsin. We just came back from spending our first week there, and are rather disappointed with all the water line leaks. We had leaks in the bathroom, from under the sink; the fresh water line to the toilet leaked; and in the kitchen from under the sink. We tightened all the fittings, but not before we have slight water damage and bubbling of the shelf. Towards the end of the week, the kitchen started leaking again, so we retightened. Has anyone else had trouble like this. Of course, no warranty, and it didn't transfer. Kind of disappointed with the quality of the trailer... its very pretty inside, with the fireplace and all, but really, makes us wonder what kind of quality control is there at the factory. Any thoughts or comments appreciated!
Sundance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 06:33 PM   #2
Site Team

Is it possible the trailer was not winterized properly by the previous owner? In a perfect world it should have been tested by the dealer during their PDI for leaks.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 06:36 PM   #3
Site Team

I will add that there were some defective toilet water valve modules in the 2010 model year. This is the one and only water leak that I experienced. Link http://www.jaycoowners.com/showthread.php?t=1878
Old 09-15-2011, 07:00 PM   #4

Sorry to hear about all the leaks. I'm with crabman, sounds like a winterization issue. Have you called the dealer to see if there is anything they can do to help? Do you have any paperwork saying that the water system was pressure tested before the sale?
wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 11:01 AM   #5

Agreement sounds to be a winterization issue. Hope you purchased from dealer who stands behind there work. If purchased through private party you might be out of luck.
rolling condo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 04:53 PM   #6

Or if it had never been used then these items were loose from Jayco. my toilet leaked first time we used it supply line loose at back ot toilet. bath sink had a leak as well. that is why I shut water off outside when we leave trailer for any extended period.
2004 Dodge 2500 CTD
Old Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 10:24 AM   #7

Thank you everyone for your thoughts. The camper was used one time last fall, and then stored the entire winter in a heated building. They did winterize as there was pink stuff in the lines. We had no other leaks other than from the fittings, so hopefully, tightening them will help. We are heading up again soon and will recheck them all. We bought private party and Jayco wanted a huge amount of money to transfer title, so we didn't. We figured Jayco was a very well name and we should be ok. Hope that's the case. We also shut off power and water to camper when we leave.
Thanks again everyone!
Sundance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 01:04 AM   #8

I had a leak under the sink, er.. the trailer had a leak under the sink. I noticed it the second time out and it was where the water filter was suppose to go. I was aware of potential leak problems on a new trailer so I checked the different areas in the trailer on the first few outings. All the crimped fittings were fine. It's mostly the screw on connections that I was conceded with.
Happily married and father of
two university students.
Cancer survivor
Murphie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 02:07 PM   #9
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundance View Post
Thank you everyone for your thoughts. The camper was used one time last fall, and then stored the entire winter in a heated building. They did winterize as there was pink stuff in the lines. We had no other leaks other than from the fittings, so hopefully, tightening them will help. We are heading up again soon and will recheck them all. We bought private party and Jayco wanted a huge amount of money to transfer title, so we didn't. We figured Jayco was a very well name and we should be ok. Hope that's the case. We also shut off power and water to camper when we leave.
Thanks again everyone!
Well if it was just loose fittings and no cracks after tightening them down you should be good to go. It seems some units have more initial shakedown issues then others. Hopefully this is all of them on yours. One way to tell if there are any leaks is to put some water in the tank, use the waterpump and pressurize the system. After the waterpump stops if the water pump occasionally cycles on with no faucets turned on then you have a leak somewhere. If the waterpump stays quiet for several hours, No Leaks! Now grey/black waste water plumbing leaks would not be detected this way.