Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-21-2015, 02:18 PM   #1

Life comes around full circle...

I was the kid that tagged along with my childhood friend's family with their camper. In fact those trips as a child is what got me into trailers as an adult.

That friend just got his first camper, a Jay Flight 238MBH, and we finally got the family schedules coordinated enough to go camping for the first time this weekend.

It was raining the entire time, but seeing our kids playing together and the joy it brought them was worth it.

We are truly blessed to be able to do this.
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442866686.216769.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	344.8 KB
ID:	20247
Old 09-21-2015, 07:06 PM   #2

A camping story for sure. If you switched "camper" for "boat" that would fit as well. But the true meaning of the story is friendship and family.

With fathers and mothers and the traditional family unit, anything in this world is possible.
gypsmjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 03:07 PM   #3

Milw,

That is awesome!!! Nothing better than camping with great friends/ family!!!

We have a some friends (more "family" than some actual family members) that we always camp with!!!!

Enjoy the great times!!!!

'16 Jay Flight 32 BHDS ELITE 32 BHDS MODS Reese DC HP

WDH SET UP. HOW A WDH WORKS. CAT SCALE HOW TO.
need-a-vacation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 03:51 PM   #4

Awww - sweet!
Jim-n-Ash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 07:12 PM   #5

I grew up camping. Tent camped in the scouts, parents rented a motorhome to go to Canada, then bought a popup, then a 26 foot bunkhouse for a cross country trip. After we moved out the parents got a Class C to go to Florida every year. As they got older they stopped enjoying camping and all the work related to it and decided to sell the Class C. Before they sold it, the wife and I borrowed it for a trip to Florida ourselves.

The wife loved the trip (first trip to Disney, also visited my old friend who moved down to Tampa). A couple years later her uncle bought a new trailer at a RV show and needed to unload his old trailer quickly. He sold it to us for a fair price and we used that for 4 years until the growing family outgrew the 22 foot, one bed, non slide, 17 year old camper. Sold it last fall and bought our new Jayco this spring.

Since we started camping, I found out a good friend had an old popup and would go out a couple times a year. Started to camp with him and his group. Another friend decided to give it a try and bought a hybrid and their family fell in love. At some point my in-laws borrowed our trailer and fell in love and bought one. Another friend, then another bought campers.

Now we have a group of about 8 or 9 families that go camping together at a lake a couple times a year. A smaller group goes to other places throughout the year as well. My daughter LOVES camping and we hope that our 10 month old boy learns to love it just as much.

Its a great escape and we hope to grow and learn and explore as a family, and bring friends and family along whenever possible!
spoon059 is offline   Reply With Quote