Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-18-2015, 06:38 PM   #11
We've camped since our daughter was 3 weeks old. We would stop every 2.5 hours for gas anyways, so she would just take our daughter out of the car seat and nurse her in the truck. Kill 2 birds with one stone.

It is impractical to cool down an entire 26 foot long camper while driving just so it is comfy to nurse for 15 or 20 minutes.

spoon059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 09:29 PM   #12
Wow, I really didn't expect all the comments and suggestions. Thanks guys. We'll go in confidence and just see how it goes. My wife and I talked and just came to the conclusion it's going to take longer to get places. I still think it would be really nice to be able to stop and then step inside the trailer and "be home". Rather than try and nurse in a car in the parking lot of a rest stop. We'll see how it goes. Seems like each family figures out their way of doing things. You guys are probably right though in that it isn't practical to keep a generator running the whole trip.

Tow Vehicle: 2002 Yukon XL 2500, 8.1L V8, autoride suspension

TT: 2015 264BHW, axles flipped
Oobray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 09:35 PM   #13
If I was still nursing, I'd be totally cool with hopping into the back seat of my already cooled down vehicle to nurse. As long as DH knew he was on baby duty after so I could use the restroom and stretch my legs ALL BY MTSELF for 5 minutes!

But! The beauty of the TT us that you have a clean, large space for quick diaper changes. The stops to nurse never annoyed me. It was trying to change a diaper on the backseat or in a public restroom that was the bad part.

TT: 2016 Jay Flight SLX 264BHW (first RV!)
TV: 2010 F-150 SuperCrew 5.4L 4x4 w/ Max Tow Package
charliebravo is offline   Reply With Quote