Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-16-2015, 06:38 AM   #1

Lone Star RV - Houston - Great Service

We bought our 26BH at Lone Star a couple months back. Our salesman, Curtis, was a pleasure to deal with. We negotiated aluminum wheels into the deal, but they would have to be ordered. Our PDI was done with Billy Mack, and this man truly has pride in his work. Took his time walking a couple of newbies threw, and was even concerned about the quality of the cleaning crew's work. Dealing with him, I could have thought I just bought a $400k Class A rather than a $15K TT.

Curtis let me know the wheels where in, so I called service to schedule an appointment with Troy. I need to get the wheels on a few other minor issues that had been building on a "hit list" he initially expressed concern about my time line, and stated that with their current scheduling he couldn't get me in for nearly a month, but because of the sales agreement I had on the wheels, he'd take it in next day. I dropped it off, and with in 24 hours, it was ready to go, including my hit list. Under Promise, Over Delivery, very well executed. Troy is a no bull kinda guy, and is extremely efficient.

The only negative thing I could say, is I bought a trailer 300# under my TV's max tow rating, and never thought to check my combined GWVW. I ended up buying another TV, even though my Explorer pulled it really well, I just didn't like being over my numbers. But I suppose I should have done my homework on that one.
2011 Shelby GT500 (only thing it pulls is G's)
2003 Jeep Liberty Limited (DD's)
1995 F-150 short wheel base (Sold)
finally03gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 06:07 PM   #2

I would like to second the comment made above about Billy Mack and his PDI.

We just picked ours up today (11/23/2015) and nothing we asked about was to much trouble if he did not know he found out.

The man is truly a pleasure to deal with and Lone Star RV is lucky to have someone of this caliber working for them.

Our salesman was also a pleasure to deal with no pressure and very knowledgeable about the inventory and options.

Over all I would recommend this dealership to anyone based on my experience so far.
TxTwoSome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 08:33 PM   #3

Glad to hear you both had good experiences. We tried dealing with this place and it was a total nightmare, thus we DID NOT buy from them. We started at the south location, and were sent to the north location to see a unit. I inquired about ordering a unit with a generator, I was told by the owner I had to put down a 10% deposit of the total cost of the unit and if I had to cancel the deal I would lose my entire deposit. When I disagreed with that he told me if I canceled the order he would have his guys take the generator out of the unit and I could come pick it up. That makes a lot of sense RIGHT? The guy was extremely rude and completely blew the deal for the sales rep at the south location.
Slotted and Dimpled Brake Rotors
Air Lift LoadLifter 5000 Ultimate Airbags with WirelessAIR Controller
TexasRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 09:57 AM   #4

I visited the South location when I started looking at our first TT and I didn't feel that they cared about selling me anything. I walked around their showroom area looking through several units and no sales person approached me to ask if I had questions, what I was interested in, etc. As we were shopping for our 5th we visited their area at the RV show and had pretty much the same experience. They just didn't seem to care they had a customer.
We wound up buying from a dealer in the Dallas area and had a good experience.

2013 F-350 CC SB 2WD 6.7PS
2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS
-SOLD- 2012 X23B
-SOLD- 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4, Bilstein shocks
RedHorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 12:00 PM   #5

I guess that goes to demonstrate, who matters as much as where?
2011 Shelby GT500 (only thing it pulls is G's)
2003 Jeep Liberty Limited (DD's)
1995 F-150 short wheel base (Sold)
finally03gt is offline   Reply With Quote