Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-23-2011, 08:59 PM   #1

Looking for advice on 2010 Jayco 29L new purchase.

My local dealer has a leftover Jayco 29L for what I think is a great price. Any 29L owners out there with experience on this model? I am aware that the tank capacities are quite limited, but for the price I think I can make a few more trips to the campground head or dump station. Has anyone had any problems with the 14" tires? I noticed that Jayco offers a 2" lift as an option for this model and that leads me to believe that there may be an issue with the smaller tires and lower ground clearance. Any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated.

p.s. the price is $16,500 out the door including tax. only options are outdoor grill and water purification system. seems like a good price.
smarterburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 09:36 PM   #2

Welcome to the Jayco Owners Forum Smarterburn! You're ready to pick up a new tt, so you must've sold the other one (For Sale Forum)? I like the four bed bunks in the back on the 29L. That floorplan would have been good for us as at some point we will have all four grandkids camping with us at once. I'm not sure how many 29L owners there are here. Here is a thread that's helpful when buying a new tt.. Let us know what you wind up doing!
Denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 08:37 AM   #3

We just bought a 2011 29L. Love it very much so far.
Regarding the ground clearance,...yes, I'm finding it the most challenging part of the new unit to get use to. Our 2007 26L had the lift kit...I'm thinking I'd like to add this feature or do an axel flip in order to gain some additional height. On our maiden voyage, I bottomed out (unknown to me) at some point on the trip and nearly removed my back stab jacks. I had to fabricate some new brackets to replace the ones I destroyed.

Our unit has the outdoor kitchen, which we weren't sure we'd like at first, but love it now. Going from 4 bunks in the 26L to just three in the 29L seemed like a loss, but the outdoor kitchen has proven to be one of the best features...we absolutely love all being outside with no one left inside preparing food. The second refrigerator is handy too... especially with 3 thirsty boys running around the campground.

The change from a hybrid bunk to a queen bed is worth every penny. We miss sleeping under canvas, but love the non-setup of the front bedroom. There is a lot of storage space we haven't used yet even after moving everything over. We didn't get the grill, but kept our RVQ from the 26L (shhhh...don't tell the dealer we kept it from him on the trade...)

The smaller holding tanks were a non-issue since they are approximately the same as our last unit. So, we are use to it and can go a 4 day weekend with 5 of us using the facilities and not worry about it too much. I have to add fresh water and if we take showers in the unit (instead of the shower house), I have to haul a load of grey to the dump station, but so be it...we just love our Jayco.

The price seems good on the unit you are looking at...much less than our 2011 that's for sure! Hope you have fun while thinking it over.

2007 Jayco JayFeather 26L
4J's_&_M_with_Jayco is offline   Reply With Quote