Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Go Back   Jayco RV Owners Forum > Trailers, 5th Wheels, and Motorhomes > General Jayco RV Chat
Click Here to Login

Old 02-09-2014, 11:47 AM   #1

Looking for Opinions and Feedback for Superguard Paint Protection and Rustproofing

Hi everyone, I am new to the Forum located in Ontario Canada, I would be interested in hearing some opinions and experiences in regards to Superguard Paint Protection as well as Rustproofing. I apologize for the long winded thread

We purchased a new 2012 Jayco 28 BHS in 2012, had a couple issues with it Awning failure and some trim repair, we took the opportunity of it being so new, and traded it last fall for a new 2014 Jayco 28 BHBE, we are taking delivery in a couple months and have the chance to purchase some of the protection products, one being the PPS Paint Protection and the other being Rustproofing.

I am told the PPS helps to keep the unit cleaner looking, protects against Uv damage and prolongs the shine of the exterior, I wonder about the rustproofing, due to the sealed underbelly on the unit, should the whole underside cover be removed to ensure the unit is sprayed properly, has anyone taken advantage of either of these products, not sure if the cost varies depending on region and dealers.

I am a firm believer in if your gonna do it , do it right from the very start, it seems like a lot of money but in the long run is it really worth it?

So Paint Protection, Rustproofing, Interior Fabric Protection $1000

I appreciate hearing your experiences and feedback with these add-ons done.

Pete
ont-tt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 12:25 PM   #2

I didn't use the dealership to do mine.

We paint protected and fabric scotch guarded for under 80$ by doing it ourselves.
Old 02-09-2014, 01:43 PM   #3

I've heard in the hot sunny southern parts of the US paint can fade. The paint protection might be a good idea there but I wouldn't bother up north. I looked at a lot of used trailers before I bought a new one and while I saw a lot of problems I never saw any rust. Skip that. As mentioned you can Scotchgard yourself cheaply.

I passed on the package and saved the money.
Old 02-10-2014, 08:08 AM   #4

I am not a firm believer in buying the "add on packages". Just purchased a 28 DSBH and the dealer tried to sell me the paint/fabric protection as well as the rust proofing. It would have cost an extra $3000 for both. I can go out and purchase the same wax and fabric sprays and do it myself and take the left over cash to spend on a road trip or two, money better spent in my opinion.
Old 02-10-2014, 10:16 AM   #5

Pete I fell for that paint protection, rust guard, and fabric protection scam when I bought my '86 Mazda. Paint protection.. a good wax job is just as good. You may find that you have to take the RV back to the dealer every year to "renew" the treatment and you have to pay for this. Rust protection they only cover rust when it has already eaten a hole not surface rust... fabric protection go buy a couple cans of scotch guard they are the same as what the dealer uses and will cost you way less. The dealer makes more $$$ from selling these "protection plans" than from selling the RV.
93/2020,157/2019219/2018 206/2017,215/2016, 211/2015, 196/14, 247/13, 193/12

Seann45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 07:44 PM   #6

I appreciate the comments, and the reality check it gave me, I wasn't convinced on the you should get this, its a great product sales pitch to begin with, but it was some stuff I hadn't heard about before, 2 step application, negative charged , positive charged, super shine, long lasting, in any case, you guys are right I could do it way cheaper and save a bundle, to put towards so many other things, for this years vacations.
Thanks for the input, look forward to many years in a Jayco , and great feedback from the forum.
Pete
ont-tt is offline   Reply With Quote