Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-02-2011, 09:11 AM   #21

Wink

When we had popups & our 2 boys , it was just a few beach toy's & bikes, the only" amusment" around the CG is minature golf, not evan a Mickey D's within 20 miles. Now with the 19bh & 2 grandsons (5&7)it's the same except for a real rainy day, there can be a dvd if we are well behaved." Life goes on"& the world changes.
Old 04-02-2011, 08:36 PM   #22

Espn

I just bought a Jayco G2 33rlds. I have 3 tv's 2 inside one outside. I enjoy my ESPN in the morning and coffee. I enjoy baseball games by the fire. So how can I say no to my son who enjoys playing his PS3 and Wii.

We usually let him play before bed as we adjourn to the outside for some downtime alone...

It's 2011 its the way it is. Your still together having fun and sharing good times... I swear my sit-N-spin ruined me as a child, that was my ps3 back then...

Go for it and let him have his system...
Old 04-06-2011, 09:39 AM   #23

All of my kids have ds's, PSP's or gameboys (depending on the kid) they are allowed to bring them camping, but only allowed to play in the early morning (when we're making breakfast) or at night before bed, and if it's raining so they don't make me crazy. Rain and a popup with 4 kids and 2 dogs is akin to waterboarding.

We have a tiny television, and it has a dvd player. I bring it, but have yet to use it in 4 years. If one of them was sick and had to stay in, then I'd pull that out.

In the TT we're considering, there is a 26 inch tv, but I don't see myself using it much. They watch too much as it is during the other 3 seasons. My kids would love to bring the xbox, but then they'd never go outside...that would be BAD.

There is a stereo, and THAT I would use all the time. Music makes everything more fun!
Coleman 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 10:04 PM   #24

Sallie and I usually bring our computers camping. We don't always have internet but we always have games incase of bad weather.
Life in the slow lane is still life.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 07:54 AM   #25

Send a message via Yahoo to WestTXmed
I have a PS3 in our TT for 2 reasons:

1) The PS3 is the BEST, most reliable and stout DVD/blueray player on the market. Period.

2) Call of Duty! I mean comeon guys, who wouldn't love a few campaigns on a rainy day....

My kids really don't like video games- they get bored really fast with them, and would rather be outside. I'm the one who likes them. He he...

"Here fishy, fishy, fishy......" - Me

"Never take a laxative and an Ambien in the same night." - Dr. Dad

2009 Eagle Superlight 303RKS, Hensley Arrow, 4 sets of Bal stabilizers to make the wife happy, and 2 Yamaha EF2000is inverter generators. Towed by a 2013 Toyota Tundra 4x4 CrewMax 5.7L.
WestTXmed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 10:34 AM   #26

We used to bring a PS on trips, and it never really got used that much. Then we forgot it, and no one really noticed, now it doesn't come at all. That's not to say it doesn't get used at home, because it does, but it just doesn't get used much in the TT. My older kids have I-pods and laptops that they sometimes bring, but I don't really notice too much because they don't spend too much time on them. Thankfully the kids are either playing, swimming or exploring most of the time. If they're not, they're usually "bugging" me to do something - which is the reason I bought it - to spend family time.

if you think your kids enjoy it and use it, I wouldn't discourage you from bringing one - to each their own. If you notice that they start "hibernating" with it, then you might want to limit it of "forget" it.

Hope you enjoy your 32BHDS as much as we like our - it fit's our family of 8 (6 kids) as well as any camper could. (Actually I'd love a Recon 5th wheel TH, but can't find a 8 seater TV )