Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-16-2017, 07:36 AM   #1

Missouri Jayco Dealer Recommendations?

I see it said here over and over again...the most important things is to buy from a reputable dealer with good customer service because it's not if you will need warranty work, but when....

I'd be interested to know which Missouri Jayco dealers you would highly recommend and those to avoid. (You can private message me if you feel more comfortable when discussing those to avoid.) I've searched online reviews and most all dealers only have 1 or 2 reviews, and I don't have friends & family that rv.

Thanks in advance!
dmh500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 03:35 PM   #2

I've bought 2 from Bourbon RV and felt like I got good deals on both. As far as service goes I had the wheel bearings packed and the brakes adjusted on the first one to the tune of $300. Totally my fault for not asking the price before having it done but it was in for a small warranty fix and figured I'd have it done while it was there, shouldn't be that much I thought. Tried to argue after the fact and they even said they should've told me the price beforehand but didn't, my bad, I'll do it myself next time.

Recently a tree fell on my camper during a storm and gouged 2 holes in the roof and scratched up the siding. It also has hail damage to the whole front cap. I took it there 10 days ago for an estimate and still haven't gotten it. I've called twice and been told both times that they are busy and haven't gotten around to writing it up yet. This is after I called ahead, made an appointment for Friday, and was told "I'll have the estimate to you by Monday afternoon".

Guess what, TWO Mondays later I still don't have it. The insurance adjuster commented on the expense of the repair being 5 figures and it may be totaled but it would be nice to know one way or the other. I've patched the holes with Dicor and Eternabond, I've got camping to do, its not going to hurt it to use it.

Needless to say I can't highly recommend them, got a good deal price wise but service after the sale hasn't been good for me. Although I've been pleased with both of my Jaycos and both were bought there new I am disgruntled at the moment. They are a busy place to be sure but I've bought my last one from there.
bill777x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 07:16 PM   #3

Mo. dealer

I did a lot of research on the 222 toy hauler I wanted. The best overall price I found was from Quality RV in Linn Creak Mo. I have needed 2 small warranty repairs, and since I am 2 hours away, they ordered the parts, contacted me and did the repair on the spot as I drove thru to go fishing. They do not tack on any delivery or set up prices. just original MSRP then the discount. I will use them again.
mocruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 07:24 AM   #4

Me too. I like Quality RV. My PDI was a fantastic experience. I even tipped the tech. He went over things he found and took pictures and sent them to Jayco. Very pleased with buying process too. Family owned business.
2013 F150 Super Crew 3.5, 3:31
2004 f150 Super Crew 5.4, 3:73 traded
silverark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 08:10 AM   #5

If you're anywhere near the St. Louis area I highly recommend Apache Village. They are a family run dealer that has been in business for well over 50 years.
I've purchased every camper we've ever had from them.
Old 05-17-2017, 09:12 AM   #6

Frankp877, Do you have problems getting warranty work done in a timely manner? Were you satisfied with the work their service department did?
dmh500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 05:01 AM   #7

I've had maybe two times where we needed warranty work done and both times we got an appointment in a very short time. Work was always done to our satisfaction. Everyone that works there is friendly and always helpful.
Old 05-18-2017, 02:14 PM   #8

Trailside in Kansas City was good to deal with when we purchased our TT. The guy that did our PDI was very patient with us first timers but we have never been back for service.
Iraqvet05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 07:23 PM   #9

Coachlight rv Carthatdge mo.we bought our 2016 23MRB ther and the sales people were great as well the service people were great they were listed in the top 50 dealers nationwide.
Mikedebb is offline   Reply With Quote