Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-04-2012, 03:12 PM   #11
Your brakes will be fine. A couple of years ago we arrived at a campground to find they had somehow over booked their campsites the only one they had was on a ateep incline, well we had driven 200 miles and it was spring break so we took it. After getting in the site and blocking the tires and putting the wedge between the tires i was still concerned that it would try to move(very steep incline) so the park host suggested to pull the brake pin and set the brakes. I too was concerned that it would be set for a weeek and it might damage something. After a call to a local rv repair shop they assured me that you really cant damage anything by doing this.the rv mechanic said its the same as a car with the e brake on except its electric solenoids doing the applying instead of a cable. He said its rare for the solenoids to go out. So we did set them and had no problems with the brakes after that. Yours should be fine, they were probaly only enegrized 3 days max then the dead battery. I would be more concerned with the battery then the brakes. Hope this helps

lx22f/c is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 04:22 PM   #12
Thanks lx22f/c. That is reassuring.

rvrev2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 04:26 PM   #13
Originally Posted by Seann45 View Post
I hope you replaced the entire "box" not just the missing pin... those are considered "one time use" parts and when used need to be replaced.
I had to replace the entire "box." The new pin would not fit into the old box, so I didn't really have much choice.
rvrev2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 07:50 PM   #14
maybe the lawn mowers got the loose cable hung up in their equipment, thus now missing cable? (just thinking who/why a cable would be taken?)

*Currently trailer-less but shopping
07' GMC Envoy w/ P2 controller (current TV)
88' Chevy K5 Blazer (soon-to-be TV)
74' VW Superbeetle (1303)

exjay1 is offline   Reply With Quote