Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-27-2017, 05:07 PM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

My Replacement for Gas Grill - Cusinart GR-150

I was contemplating a gas grill, but wanted something I could also do breakfast on. I am hoping this will do the trick. I tried burgers and steak at home and was very pleased with the results. I think this will work out well, since we don't camp without electricity.

FYI, Doug

https://www.amazon.com/Cuisinart-GR-...s=GR-150&psc=1

Cape Coral, Florida
2021 Toyota Tundra SR5, 5.7 V8
2022 Jayco 240RBS
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 07:24 AM   #2

That looks pretty cool. I have a Coleman nxt and I bought a griddle for it so you can remove one of the grill grates and put the griddle on. Used it to make fajitas in addition to breakfast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
6 Speed Manual
farnik78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 07:34 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

After using this unit for several trips, just wanted to provide my feedback.
1. Unit is extremely easy to clean up.
2. I haven't found anything that doesn't cook well. Steak, hamburgers, eggs, shrimp, hashbrowns, bacon, sausage, stir fry veggies, even toast. Cooking from both side is very handy. You can even cook eggs without flipping by setting the upper plate raised just above top of egg. The non stick coating is very good though making flipping eggs a breeze.
3. I am very happy with the versatility of this unit and my wife hasn't had to use the stove inside once.
4. The only thing we would use the stove for is probably spegehtti.

If you're looking for a single cooker to meet 99% of your needs, this is my choice.

FYI,
Doug

Cape Coral, Florida
2021 Toyota Tundra SR5, 5.7 V8
2022 Jayco 240RBS
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 08:56 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
After using this unit for several trips, just wanted to provide my feedback.
1. Unit is extremely easy to clean up.
2. I haven't found anything that doesn't cook well. Steak, hamburgers, eggs, shrimp, hashbrowns, bacon, sausage, stir fry veggies, even toast. Cooking from both side is very handy. You can even cook eggs without flipping by setting the upper plate raised just above top of egg. The non stick coating is very good though making flipping eggs a breeze.
3. I am very happy with the versatility of this unit and my wife hasn't had to use the stove inside once.
4. The only thing we would use the stove for is probably spegehtti.

If you're looking for a single cooker to meet 99% of your needs, this is my choice.

FYI,
Doug
Thanks. Nice review.

You should put this into the Product Reviews and Recommendations thread. http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f53/
But before you do, please read the instructions for that thread so that your review will be most helpful to others.

You may want to list the price, where you obtained the product (provide a link), and the positives (which you've listed) and any negatives (which you haven't...it needs an electrical supply so not so convenient when boondocking, etc).
dewey02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 10:23 AM   #5

We love and use all things Weber, smoker, Q2200, Performer. They are great products, and Weber stands behind them. On the road and camping, we use the Q2200 for everything. We use the griddle for breakfast. Great product!
FeatherFam is offline   Reply With Quote