Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-28-2016, 05:07 PM   #1

New camper is in!!

Dealer let me know yesterday afternoon that our Eagle HT 29.5 BHDS came in on Friday. Wouldn't you know that this week has absolutely no time to go up and do a PDI/take delivery!!

Oh well, might be another foot of snow coming on Tuesday/Wednesday so no camping anyway. I'm hoping that DD's dance competition schedule is loaded for Sunday, Leaving Saturday open, but I'm sure we won't get that lucky! Oh well, we'll get it out soon enough!

Ordered on December 30, at the dealer Feb 26. Right at what they estimated!

Keeping my fingers crossed for a clean PDI with no unpleasant surprises (pleasant ones are allowed)!
Old 02-28-2016, 05:57 PM   #2

Don't feel too bad. We had to wait to pick up our camper a couple of weeks because our DIL had a baby! The DW didn't want to run the risk of missing the new baby coming....

Go figure

Congrats on the new trailer BTW!
Gerard
glsimms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 06:50 PM   #3

I hope your dealer gives the trailer a good bath if it arrived on Friday. After that last snow storm my poor truck is still covered in salt. And not being able to pick it up right away will give the dealer lots of time to go over everything before your PDI.
Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 08:25 PM   #4

I waited 4 months one time to have a Lance truck camper delivered to my dealer. But the wait was well worth it. Take your time and don't take it home until it passes your though PDI inspection. If something is not correct walk away and tell them you will close the deal when your concerns are satisfied. That's when you have leverage. Use it. I didn't take delivery of my current Seneca until the TV received perfect reception on both Over The Air signals and satellite service on all three TVs. They will get right on it and repair any descrepencies you find before you sign the paperwork. After that, your in Line at the Service Dept..
Previous RVs: 3 truck campers and 2 fifth wheels
Love the Seneca. Toad 2018 Ford F-150
Mnwelsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 04:46 PM   #5

Congrats! Enjoy!
Old 03-05-2016, 05:26 PM   #6

We went up and did most of our PDI on it today. Came with with a page of items on the inside and a half a page on the outside. Still need to check water system and slide systems when we take delivery on Tuesday. Ran out of time today since we got up there too late.

Most of the stuff is pretty minor stuff: small nick's in wood trim, misaligned bunk trim, really small tear in wall paper, loose door handle, caulking,etc. Outdoor issues included goop on the wall, dangling wires, a dump valve handle broken, and a bit of caulking. Almost all fit and finish type stuff that I expect will be easily remedied.

The most concerning was the dinette table top. The edge trim had gaps around it and generally didn't seem put together well. The table wouldn't fit into the ledges for going into sleep mode. Not sure if table top is too far out of wack, or if the base cabinets weren't placed correctly.

All in all, even though we had quite a list, I'm still pretty pleased with it. I'm left feeling that we were being picky, but at the same time, our expectations in a vehicle would be much higher. The dealer hadn't gone all the way through it, so I'm sure some of it would've been caught, maybe not all of it. Hopefully it's all taken care of before our Tuesday appointment.

Can't wait!
Old 03-06-2016, 09:33 PM   #7

Wow on the eagle? I guess stuff happens but somehow I'd hoped by going up the brand you'd have less of those things.

Retired: 2014 X23B
mitechie is offline   Reply With Quote