Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-15-2017, 02:06 PM   #1

New Drain Hose Suggestions

Hello to everyone,
We are about to replace or Rhino 10' section waste hose. And we are looking for a new one that might be a better grade, that will still store in our rear bumper. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks So Much
Tom and Kathy
North Ga
Slow and Steady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 02:20 PM   #2

Our Rhino hose looks and works like new after a bit over 2 years. How old is yours?

I've read that keeping sewer hoses in the bumper leads to pinhole leaks so I haven't done that. Is that what has happened to your hose?
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 02:58 PM   #3

In my opinion (and only my opinion) you will not find a better waste hose then the Rhino. I like the way it holds its shape whether fully extended or not. I feel very confident with the way the ends are connected to the hose as well. I'd be interested in hearing what others have to say...

2022 33RBTS
Progressive Industries EMS - Hardwired
Equalizer 4 Point WDH
2021 Ford F350 7.3
Air Lift Rear Bags w/ On Board Compressor (Pending)
2016 28BHBE - (Traded and Missed already)
Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 03:02 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcm157 View Post
In my opinion (and only my opinion) you will not find a better waste hose then the Rhino. I like the way it holds its shape whether fully extended or not. I feel very confident with the way the ends are connected to the hose as well. I'd be interested in hearing what others have to say...
+1 I agree my rhino hose is very dependable and I really like the quality built product. I did try to store it in the bumper but it is just a little bit tight in diameter to push it all the way into the bumper. It get caught on screws that are in the bumper towards the middle. So for now I am storing it in a plastic storage container in the back left storage compartment. I may put a white PVC pipe in to store it in to conserve space in the storage compartments.

GeorgiaRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 05:39 PM   #5

I have found that the Rhino Extreme is a better hose than the standard Rhino Hose. I bought mine thru Walmart.com along with the end pieces. Every hose I have ever stored in the bumper has ended up with pinhole is it. The inside of the bumper rusts and the rusty areas are abrasive to the hose, plus the fittings won't fit. I went to Lowes and bought the 5" square PVC fence post with a 10 ft length of the 4" PVC semicircular rain gutter. I clamped this to the top of the bumper and can fit all the sewer hoses and fittings within. I used screen door latches and hinges on the post caps. Nice mod for about $40 and an hours' work........... Swampy
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaRV View Post
+1 I agree my rhino hose is very dependable and I really like the quality built product. I did try to store it in the bumper but it is just a little bit tight in diameter to push it all the way into the bumper. It get caught on screws that are in the bumper towards the middle. So for now I am storing it in a plastic storage container in the back left storage compartment. I may put a white PVC pipe in to store it in to conserve space in the storage compartments.
Sent from my RCT6513W87 using Tapatalk

2014 287 BHBE; 1981 Jay Raven; Predator 3500i - We call Home Pearl River, Louisiana - edge of the Honey Island Swamp
IMG]https://www.jaycoowners.com/attachments/customavatars/avatar39547_3.gif[/IMG]
Swampy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 07:07 PM   #6
Site Team

Rhinoflex wins our official JOF sewer hose poll, and its not even close.

http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f1...oll-17395.html
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 02:58 AM   #7

I concur. If something happened to my current Rhino, I'd be replacing it with another Rhino.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcm157 View Post

2014 F150 SC, 4x4, HD Pkg, Sterling Gray
Atlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 03:04 AM   #8

How long have you had your Rhino? Are you having to replace it because of small pin holes in the Rhino? Or did it somehow just wear out?

If the problem is small pin hole leaks, that is probably due to storing the Rhino in the bumper tube. Everything I've read indicates that eventually,
storing any "stinky slinky" in the bumper will wear tiny pin holes in the dump hose.

I've had my Rhino for over 4 years, and it looks nearly as good today as it did when I first bought it. I have never stored it in the rear bumper though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow and Steady View Post
Hello to everyone,
We are about to replace or Rhino 10' section waste hose. And we are looking for a new one that might be a better grade, that will still store in our rear bumper. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks So Much
Tom and Kathy
North Ga

2014 F150 SC, 4x4, HD Pkg, Sterling Gray
Atlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 05:03 AM   #9

Does anyone use lippert ?

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
Nitehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 05:53 AM   #10

I have the Camco Revolution Swivel Sewer Hose and am completely happy with it. That being said...I did also build an under frame mounted carrier out of 4" plastic fence post.
Old 08-16-2017, 05:59 AM   #11

Not sure what the SaniCom might be, a bit to get used to with the smaller diameter.