Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-17-2015, 02:19 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALJO View Post
In all the mass manufacturing it is the same. By Jayco it is no different looking at the complaints on this forum. Amish craftsmanship?.............but it sells!
I was looking at RV Ratings and Jayco comes out average.

RV Rating - Customer Survey of RV Makes and Models

That chart is a bit skewed since JAYCO was only rated by 519 people.

Since the JAY FLIGHT has been the biggest seller country wide over the last 5 or so years that rating is not reliable at all.

I've said this before we are 3 for 3 with JAYCO, basically "ZERO" issues with their work our problems were with suppliers equipment. Norcold and Coleman.
Old 05-17-2015, 04:30 PM   #22

This is my favorite thing to stare at while camping. Our crooked outlet.
Attached Thumbnails
20150515_182013.jpg  
lodiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 07:33 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike837go View Post
I took possession of my brand new TT three days ago. So far, I found the dealer fouled up in not supplying a sewer hose and leaving both waste tanks loaded. The pedestal table - poor design.

Offsetting all this is moving up 30 years in technology. That'll have to wear off before I can leave an unbiased opinion.
Got a phone call from the dealer after an email to the complaints line was processed; they are sending me the missing sewer hose at their expense.

So far, it's mostly getting familiar with my new toy.

Sitting in The Cheap Seats.
And proud of it!
mike837go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 08:28 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by lodiguy View Post
This is my favorite thing to stare at while camping. Our crooked outlet.
This is the kind of thing that I'm talking about. Something as simple as making sure a outlet is level is carelessness and does not fit in with the exuce that;
"They are mass produced for a price. That means speed is very important to the manufacturer. The trick is to get the most production with the least error. A very tough line to follow!"
Mistakes such as this example fall under poor installation and bad quality assurance. The extra two seconds it would take to do it correctly does not cost a manufacture anything. Allowing something like this off the line makes a customer frustrated every time they see it.
notaz3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 09:01 AM   #25

As someone said, it doesn't matter which brand you buy. We have had two Bighorns and are switching back to Jayco. We had 0 issues with our two previous Jayco RVs (pop up and 5th wheel) and let the superficial look and floorplan sway us to Heartland. We had many small issues like dump tanks labeled wrong, crooked window treatments, outlets that nearly pull out of the wall when you unplug things, etc. We expect issues with the Pinnacle when it arrives, but we know Jayco will fix things for two years.

I'd rather wear out than rust out. Swim, bike, run.
Mantygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 06:57 PM   #26

I'm very impressed with the quality of my jayco 165 sport 2011 model. i do believe the newer stick and tin models do not have the same quality. Bought mine second hand in Jan 2015. Original owner purchased in 2012 and never used it as plastic still on everything and smelled new. never slept in or used but sat on a Florida lot for 2.5 years. Everything works looks and smells like new.
Tommyboy57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 05:20 PM   #27

My poorly mounted step light
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  

2012 Ram 2500 Crew Cab 4x4 5.7 Hemi 4.10
2015 Jayco Eagle 284BHBE
2009 Jayco Eagle Super Lite 256RKS
2007 Jayflight 20BH
1997 Fleetwood Cheyenne PUP
1984 Rockwood 1080 - PUP 1969 Coleman PUP
gcloss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 10:58 AM   #28

I have a 2012 Jayco 26BH. I bought it used after someone took 2 trips in it they wanted a bigger one. Anyway it was like brand new. I haven't had much problem with it at all. Matter of fact I consistently look at new one because I would also like to get one with slide outs, I have custody of my 2 Grand daughters and they always come with me. After talking to many campers along the way and hearing their horror stories about TTs without the JAYCO brand name there is no way I will look to purchase outside of the Jayco Brand!!!! I have a toolbox filled with tools, if something needs repair I will take care of it as long as I can...A crooked light, some loose weatherstripping,a sticky window all adds character !!!!!! Stop staring and focusing on the small things and build a fire instead, maybe take a walk or hike in the woods, take your children or grandchildren down to the pool!!!!!
Old 06-01-2015, 07:40 PM   #29

I bought my trailer last Sept on a Monday and Picked it up Friday for our first trip.Dealer said use it,find issues we will fix. So we used it,shower leaked from everywhere,heater didn't function.Took in for repairs,got it back a few weeks later,camped for 30 days away from home for work,heater still didn't work,shower still leaked.Took it back again,replace sail switch,They said heater is fixed,shower was recaulked,missing caulk from the factory. Another 35 day away from home work trip,guess what,shower leaks worse in another spot cause the caulk job forced the water to 1 area more,and my heater still doesn't work and my pig tail for the tanks literally broke into pieces internally and had no gas either.Its currently at dealer for a month now and still not fixed,they are waiting on parts for heater and had to take shower apart to fix.I told service manager that he or one of the mechanics needs to shower in there and make sure there is no leaks,he laughed but I was serious,i am taking a bathing suit when I pick it up and showering on the lot to make sure theres no leaks.I am very handy with thing's,i am a machinist/millwright by trade,but these things should be addressed by dealer incase issues down the road from the water damage that has occurred from leaks.I realize the dealer doesn't build them,but they sell them and must service them correctly,it just annoys me to have almost half my owner ship of a brand new trailer being stuck at the dealer for repair.Sorry to vent to much but it's been building.But I do love my trailer!

2015 Jayco Eagle Premier 314BHDS

IBEW local 94 Electrical Worker
314BHDS is offline   Reply With Quote