Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-12-2016, 06:15 AM   #11
Site Team
It must be a state policy or something local. Most we frequent have the same spring hanger type hose but it has a regular hose end on it for ease of flushing.

Ease or not, it is not proper etiquette to hold up a line to scrub your black tank.

2011 351RLTS Eagle, Mor/Ryde suspension & pin box
06 F350 Lariat PSD, SRW, LB, CC, EGR delete kit, 16K DrawTite hitch, Timbrens, TST TPMS

Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try:Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 07:00 AM   #12
Many dump stations we use have the same setup, at first it sort upset me because I too wanted to run the tank rinser. Now I appreciate it, there is nothing worse than waiting in line to dump because someone wants to rinse their tank for 10 min.

For us, using the tank rinser is limited to full hook up sites.

2007 Chevy Duramax LMM/Allison
2012 Jay Flight 29QBH
2012 Jay Flight 26BH (Sold)
clubhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 07:15 AM   #13
I agree that it is likely done to discourage over-use and long lines.
There are many, many things that are done at campgrounds to channel use that are not inherently obvious.
Think about this: When people dump their black tank, it probably generates about 35-60 gallons of effluent. But if someone sits for a long time rinsing their black tank, it not only uses many more gallons of water, but also many more gallons of effluent. Many campgrounds are located in areas without city water and sewer services. Therefore, all of the water going to rinse must come from the campground's well. Some are not set up to provide unlimited water supply. (there is another whole story about how campgrounds get you to limit the amount of fresh water you use). And everything that goes into the dump station must be either processed by the septic system or be pumped out of the holding tank by a company. So it is in the campground's interest to also limit the amount of effluent that goes into the dump station tank. In many campgrounds, the dump station cistern and the entire septic system capacity was designed/installed prior to most RVs having tank flushers. Now even most entry level travel trailers have them. Perhaps the campground is just not equipped to deal with all the extra effluent. And replacing the BW cistern and septic system and drainage field is a HUGE expense.

And as others have already mentioned, the traffic jam at the dump station on heavy check-out days (especially Sunday) can get very long. Eliminating the flush option helps reduce that congestion.

Most of us appreciate the opportunity for a quick flush of our BW tank. But the few that are obsessive about rinsing for an extended time often drive the campground to take measures to deal with the situation.
dewey02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 07:45 PM   #14
I have a small hybrid with a black water tank. I go to the dump and get it done as quichly as possible. I reallt hate having to site there while all the big rigs do there thing. Some have taking as long as 1/2 hour to dump both tanks. I often wonder what they are doing with all that equipment they take in and out of there rig as things back up waiting for them to finish.
campingva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 08:03 AM   #15
Get in and move on. We have started using dump stations located at rest areas in many states. On tear down day, we pack and go, bypassing the dump station if there are more than a couple rvs in line. One big rig and we move on anyway. The dump stations at the rest areas are generally empty of any traffic and have found them to be clean and well maintained. Not going to hurt anything towing with full tanks for 50 miles or so.
Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 08:40 AM   #16
They may have this type of fitting as they have limited water supply.. Where I host at JERKS with "water bandits" drain the tank and then no one else has water till the truck comes with more..
2004 Chev Silverado Duramax optioned past the max. 2009 Jayco Eagle 308 RLS 765 watts of solar, 6-6 volt batteries (696 amp hour), 2000 watt (4000 surge) whole house inverter.
140 days boondocking in 2016
211/2015, 196/14, 247/13, 193/12

Seann45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 11:12 AM   #17
Originally Posted by norty1 View Post
bought one years ago but have never been happy with it. Seems like my feet always get wet when I use it.
Same here. Pressure at these things are sometimes so high, it blows the Fitting clear off the end and I end up soaked. Even when it doesn't, My hand gets cramped trying to squeeze it to stop leaks. What I need is a couple of various sized hoses with thumb screw clamps so I can hopefully always have hose that fits over the CG hose. BTW, up here in Canada, we usually just mention to the rigs behind us our intent to do a quick flush. Most times we're all ok with it. But I agree, if someone is behind you, don't do the 20 Min rinse.
Wayne, Kim, Mallory & Abby the Dog
2013 - Jayco Jayfeather - X20E
2012 - Toyota Tacoma DBLCB Sr5 with towing package
Equalizer 10k WD, Prodigy P3 Controller, TST TPMS

2012 - Jayco Sport 10 Popup - Traded
Dagwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 12:26 PM   #18
Almost every public (free) dump I have used is equipped the same way and most have no threaded faucet available to flush the tanks. At many of them, there is often a line waiting to use the dump and if one decided to take 5 minutes to do a proper flush, there would be a mini riot. However, if it's a slow day, then a good flush would be awesome. I had never heard of the water bandit, but I will be buying one for the up coming season. Looks like just the ticket.

2016 Jayco North Point 311RKTS
2007 Dodge Ram 2500 5.9 Diesel
mtdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 11:12 AM   #19
You got it!!
Mwade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 11:41 AM   #20
Originally Posted by norty1 View Post
bought one years ago but have never been happy with it. Seems like my feet always get wet when I use it.
Can't turn the water on high, or you can get water. I use mine often when we are boondocking when I need to fill my portable water jug. I found slipping it on to the faucet lets me put the jug on the ground and fill it with easy. I also found if you use a radiator clamp with a thumb screw, you clamp it on and now you do not have to worry as much about it blowing off the faucet.

Name:  Radiator Clamp.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  4.5 KB

Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote